Holiday Timed Lighting Scenes Is It Possible?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by KAJSER, Aug 26, 2023.

1. KAJSER

KAJSER

Hi guys,

Is there a way that I can set up a scheduled/timed lighting scene for when I'm on holiday for security reasons (so lights are on and people think someone is home).

For example, I'm on holiday from 01/09/2023 to 08/09/2023, during these days I would like the following to happen automatically:
    • Turn on "House Lighting Scene" at 18:00
    • Turn off "House Lighting Scene" at 23:30
    Is there a way of automating this with Wiser2, so I don't need to keep turning the lighting scene on and off everyday manually? Sot of like a 'Holiday/Away Mode'.

Thanks!

KAJSER, Aug 26, 2023
  2. KAJSER

Ashley

Wiser2 support schedules. You set them up using PICED. You will need a copy of the original piced project file though.

Ashley, Aug 26, 2023
  3. KAJSER

Wonkey

In your piced project for your wiser go to Project | Edit schedules and program an event for each scene required, set the day and time. I suggest you program the day as every day, and then the time as required, consider setting the time on with respect to sunset maybe 30 mins after sunset
    Then on the enable tab create a group address to turn on the schedules use the same group address and value (On) for both schedules.
    Then create a widget on the wiser project to enable the schedules when you go away. when you return turn off the group and the schedules will stop working until you want them again.
    If you need more help just ask, the help file may be of use also.

Wonkey, Aug 26, 2023
  4. KAJSER

KAJSER

Thank you for this Wonkey, however I am stuck. Please can you break it down in simple steps for me. I currently only have "Start Daylight Savings" & "Stop Daylight Savings" schedules, do I edit these default schedules or create 2 new additional schedules for each on/off scene?

KAJSER, Aug 28, 2023
  5. KAJSER

Wonkey

You have options
    You can create 2 new schedules that trigger your scenes that you mentioned or
    You can create a schedules to turn on a light and then another schedule to turn it off later, then repeat for each light you want to control.
    Piced has a feature where by you can test features, I will see if I can find some documentation to help.

Wonkey, Aug 28, 2023
  6. KAJSER

KAJSER

I have managed to get a Scheduled Event to work as follows:
    • All Lights Turn ON everyday 30 mins after sunset and turn off after 6 hours.
    My only issue now is, how do I correctly disable this Scheduled "Holiday Mode" Event so that when I am no longer on holiday, I can manually turn my lights on and off without this automated "Holiday Mode" causing interference?

What is the proper way of disabling scheduled events/schedules?

KAJSER, Sep 10, 2023
  7. KAJSER

Ashley

You can set an enable group for the schedule that controls whether it is active or not (second tab on schedule properties). This is normally an Enable Control group variable, but can be from any lighting compatible application. You can create a widget or switch to control this variable manually, or another schedule to set this variable for the appropriate holiday dates automatically.

Ashley, Sep 10, 2023
Ask a Question