iControl cable

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by jonnyp64, Sep 26, 2024.

1. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

Anyone have any concrete answer as to how well the iControl figure 8 works in a retrofit job? I have searched and only found 1 other post with a vague answer-i assume that it will work fine.,
    Small job- 20 devices in total in a 3 bedroom unit.
    Trying to find something to cover the large holes where the iControl wall switches were is another problem!

jonnyp64, Sep 26, 2024
  2. jonnyp64

ashleigh Moderator

As per previous answer recently: Nobody will guarantee it, but C-Bus "will run over wet string". You should be OK on a small project.

ashleigh, Sep 26, 2024
  3. jonnyp64

bmerrick

Many of the iControl switches seemed the standard plate size, but if they're larger, you could try either the Zen eDLT which is wider than a standard switch, or Clipsal used to have a wide 6 gang plate now seem discontinued, but HPM had an imitation being HPM SQ770 series in blank, 1, 2, 6 and 9 gang 30 mech. With this, you could add 5031NMML and 5031NMS 30 mech C-Bus mechanisms.

Good Luck,

Brad

[​IMG] [​IMG]

bmerrick, Sep 30, 2024 at 6:18 AM
  4. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

jonnyp64, Oct 2, 2024 at 6:20 AM
  5. jonnyp64

bmerrick

Hi Jonnyp64, can you send through an image so we can see what you're dealing with?

I forgot to suggest you also take a look at the new Clipsal Solis range. Very pretty premium switches that are also 40 mech based.

Whilst i haven't yet tried this myself, there's no reason in my mind that you couldn't use a C-Bus 40 Mech master and 40 Mech slaves behind the plate.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Take a look

Lots of nice metais / ceramics etc and 40 mech compatible.

Possibly an option?

Brad

bmerrick, Oct 3, 2024 at 2:27 PM
Ask a Question