Incorrect Applications Used

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by sjeffreys, Jun 24, 2008.

1. sjeffreys

sjeffreys

I have just taken over configuring C-Bus Lighting at my work place.
    I have two networks a ground floor network (254) and first floor network (253). We use a PAC with PICED to control our scenes.
    I am currently renaming all the groups in the first floor network as they make no sense at the moment.
    Looking through our current configuration and it looks like that someone has configured all of our lighting under a non-standard app (application #1) as well as putting them into the lighting app (56). This app #1 can control the lights however it doesn?t check whether they are on or off before setting them into each state.
    I would like to copy or import the groups, tag information and programming information into a more standard group (57) and I am just wondering the best way to do this.
    Or would I best to get a tech from Clipsal on-site to help me re-program it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

sjeffreys, Jun 24, 2008
  2. sjeffreys

george

Hi sjeffreys,

You can copy all group tag names from application 1 to 57 using this approach:
    1) Delete all groups from Application 57
    2) Select Application 1, sort groups by address on the right hand side. Select all groups (Ctrl+A) and press Ctrl+C to copy them to clipboard.
    3) Open MS Excel and paste (Ctrl+V) what you have in clipboard
    4) Select cells with the group tag names which most likely will be in the column A. Don't select the first cell with the column name. Copy the selection into clipboard.
    5) Go back to Toolkit, select Application 57, right mouse click and select "Add Multiple Groups". On the "Add New Groups" dialogue press the button "Paste from Clipboard".

You may still need to correct the addresses of some groups on this dialogue, but if you had them starting with 0 on the Application 1 and there was no gaps in the sequence of group addresses, you won't need to tweak anything but just save changes.

Once you have all necessary groups on the Application 57, it is time to change Primary Application to 57 in all units. Go to the Units node and click on the button "Global Programming". Here you need to select "Bulk change of unit Applications" and then select the destination Application on the new dialogue and click OK.

All the changes so far are in the project database only. Before transferring units programming to the network you may need to make sure all database units have their applications and groups selected correctly.

Also please don't forget to backup you project before you start doing these bulk changes...

Hope this helps,
    George

george, Jun 25, 2008
  3. sjeffreys

sjeffreys

Hi George,
    Thanks for your response in regards to my issue.
    I will undertake it next week after I have gotten the OK from Management.

The method you have told me seems relativily straight forward.
    I must remember to backup my project

sjeffreys, Jun 27, 2008
Ask a Question