Indicator "Always Off" Option

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by abg, Sep 14, 2008.

1. abg

abg

I have a reflection keypad and have (as a test) set all LEDs to Always Off in the Indicators tab, yet when I press a button set as On/Off the LED lights up when On and goes out when Off. Am I misundetstanding something? Shouldn't the LEDs stay off all the time?

Thanks

abg, Sep 14, 2008
  2. abg

ICS-GS

i assume the 'change brightness after a key is pressed' check box is not ticked?

The only other suggestion i can offer is to set it to the level of group address, and create a GA called 'indicators' that will never turn on...

HTH

Grant

ICS-GS, Sep 14, 2008
  3. abg

abg

Correct. I have this off. Makes no difference.

The problem is that I have a button that triggers a scene to turn on a set of lights which turns on the LED on the scene triggering button of the switch (all fine).

A second button on the same switch triggers a scene that turns the SAME lights off. The first LED goes out as expected but I don't want the second buttons' LED to stay on which it does (since the lights are out and that is 'corrrect' as far as the scene and button's LED is concerned). I'd like to set the 2nd button's LED to always off (since this is all it does) but the indicator settings won't do this.

I would have thought that by setting the button's LED to always off it should always be off...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
    abg, Sep 15, 2008
  4. abg

ICS-GS

what type of switch are you referring to?

ICS-GS, Sep 15, 2008
  5. abg

abg

Its a Reflection R5068NL, purchased this year. Firmware version 1.8.00.

Just wondered if anyone has a Reflection switch could they try and set one key to 'always off' and see if it stays that way when pressed, even for a simple on/off light switch?

It seems the switch is using the Indicator Brightness setting to determine if the LED should be on or not and not looking at the individual setting on the button's Style. If I set the Fixed Level to 0 then the LED never comes on but this isn't going to solve the problem as it affects ALL buttons on the switch.

Just tried this on a DLT too and the same thing happens - Always off doesn't mean always off...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
    abg, Sep 15, 2008
Ask a Question