Install Saturn Wireless Switch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ronil, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Ronil

Ronil

Hi

I am looking help from tech/electrician installing Saturn Wireless Wall Switch that I can control with RF remote. I am confused with type to use just to ON-OFF not dimming etc.

Ronil, Sep 2, 2011
  2. Ronil

ashleigh Moderator

Saturn Wireless wall switches / dimmers come in two (major) variants:

- relay unit
    - dimmer unit

If all you want is on/off, you want a relay unit.

ashleigh, Sep 2, 2011
  3. Ronil

KevinH

Do you already have C- Bus or know you need the extra features (wireless network) ? Because there's also the Ulti range...

K

KevinH, Sep 2, 2011
  4. Ronil

Newman

Ronil is located in Australia and the ULTI range of products are neither sold nor legal for use in Australia.

If Ronil wants to just toggle some lights on/off or has non-dimming loads then he'll need a relay unit. If he has dimmable loads then he may consider using the dimmer products instead, although this is not mandatory. Of course if he goes with dimmers he'll need to understand the type of loads used so that he can choose the appropriate dimmer type, although his original post suggests that he wants on/off control only.

If cost is an issue a lower cost option is to use the 2031E2PUDR infrared dimmer with remote control. It has the benefit of being a universal dimmer, so no need to worry about LE/TE dimming. The main issue there is the need to be line-of-sight to the switch in order for the infrared remote to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    Newman, Sep 3, 2011
  5. Ronil

Ronil

nstall Saturn Wireless Switch

Thanks to all contributed, its amazing to see people helping each other, guys I went shopping and couldn't buy anything, all sellers want right part number, so
    anyone please can give me right part number.

I just need to switch ON-OFF my bedroom light with this new Saturn switch with LED option. (LED for night location)

Thanks

Ronil, Sep 4, 2011
  6. Ronil

Newman

The part number for a white C-Bus Wireless 2-button Saturn Relay wall switch is 5882R8F1AA. The glass colour is white (slight green tint as it's glass), the unit has 2 buttons (either of which will control your light) and uses a relay output (just on/off, no dimming).

You may or may not need to add a ",GF" suffix on the end of the cat number to get the standard glass version. Other colour variants have a different suffix.

If you want a switch with 4 or 6 buttons, that can be linked to other C-Bus Wireless switches, you replace the "2" in the above catalogue number with a "4" or a "6".

The part number for the hand-held remote control that you can use with this is 5888TXBA.

You can read a good overview of the C-Bus Wireless product range here.

Newman, Sep 5, 2011
Ask a Question