IR key code for C-Bus A-D channels

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by wanricky, Apr 24, 2009.

1. wanricky

wanricky

Maybe I miss out, but is there any quick reference for the InfraRed manufacturer Code and Key Code for the common C-Bus Remote IR bank (A to D)? That is, the code to use 5088TX with C-Touchs. I know there is a way to check it out with the Touch Screen, but a reference will be easier for pre-programming.

wanricky, Apr 24, 2009
  2. wanricky

NickD Moderator

Manufacturer and Key codes only refer to NEC format codes. The "Bank A-D" codes used by the 5088TX are "Clipsal" format codes which are quite different.

Nick

NickD, Apr 25, 2009
  3. wanricky

wanricky

then, how to program the C-Tocuh to be controlled by 5088TX?

wanricky, Apr 25, 2009
  4. wanricky

Newman

The C-Bus Touchscreens cannot be controlled by the 5088TX remote.

If you really want to use that remote then there are several other things you could do. You could install another C-Bus switch with an IR Receiver or install a Multisensor and use that to control C-Bus groups. The Touchscreen could then see those groups changing state and then perform the actions you want.

Newman, Apr 27, 2009
  5. wanricky

wanricky

Ok, thanks, as I know that now!!!! Luckily that my clients didn't buy my proposals of getting a 5088TX and used the free 5085TX instead!

I thought I was asking a silly question, because I was asking how to control a C-Bus product with a C-Bus remote.

But then in fact I was in a silly situation by making assumptions with common sense only....

Ok, another question, if I ask my client to buy another NEC coded remote instead, is there a way to train the Multisensor or NEO switch to read NEC code? I thought I read something like that years ago in the forum.....

wanricky, Apr 27, 2009
  6. wanricky

Newman

The Multisensor supports the C-Bus Bank A-D IR codes only.

Neo units with firmware 1.6.00 or newer can support both the Bank A-D codes and the NEC codes. The Neo can't be trained to support any kind of NEC IR code. What you can do is make sure you get a learning IR Remote control and learn the NEC codes that match the Neo into the remote.

The 5030URC remote control has the Bank A-B codes and the NEC codes built in. It can also learn other IR Codes from most manufacturers.

Newman, Apr 27, 2009
Ask a Question