is there a "show off" thread?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by poldim, Oct 26, 2011.

1. poldim

poldim

I'm looking for the best wiser implementation. Is there a thread with videos or images of folks posting their systems?

Any mod care to start one and sticky it?

poldim, Oct 26, 2011
  2. poldim

Newman

Are you referring to the Schneider/Clipsal/C-Bus Wiser Home Control unit or are you referring to the Schneider Electric Wiser Home Energy Management System? Both products use the Wiser name and both are sold by Schneider Electric but the two systems are not connected in any way.

I just notice that you're in CA and both systems are available in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
    Newman, Oct 26, 2011
  3. poldim

SBL

Good idea

I think this would be a good idea to introduce more of a degree of competitiveness spirit into the C-Bus industry and let people see more of what others are doing with the product.
    When you look at some of the strengths of how open source software is developed it has a lot to do with people being able to build on each others work and the overall product evolves.
    Maybe Clipsal could throw in some goodies for a prize pool - a colour touchscreen for best graphics of the year award.

SBL, Oct 27, 2011
  4. poldim

kjayakumar

+1. I'd like to see that too. I occasionally spot videos on youtube (I remember one from Russia via Nick) showing the cool stuff that people have integrated with C-Bus.

kjayakumar, Oct 27, 2011
  5. poldim

poldim

I'm reffering to what would typically apply to this for the US, the wiser home automation platform utilizing the cubs network. Although Schneider Electric acquired both companies, I hope they either keep or increase the R&D budget at Clipsal. SE, as many big corporations, has a habit of buy I g and they not investing.

I agree that sharing these installs will motivate installers to combine more of the features they see on another system, making for one awesome system overall. This product is no different than any other: competition and openness spurs innovation, ultimately giving the best experience to the customer. Not only would this improve the system and the experience, it would also attract more customers to this platform, growing the business for installers.

I'd like to eventually get to a point where it is more like this overall system:
    http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=MrSunnyHD&v=qRnjEuUlRDc&view=videos

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    poldim, Oct 27, 2011
Ask a Question