L5508D1A Dimmer problem?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by griffida, Aug 9, 2012.

1. griffida

griffida

Hi, Can someone help a newbie. I have bought a house which has 6 x L5508 dimmer rails and all work OK except one channel on one rail. The rail has 3 spare Channels, but one channel #7 is permanently ON (It controls a single light). The remote switch has no effect and when I try to reprogramme using the Learn Mode on the rail, it has no effect. The power stays ON the light throughout the Learn sequence. Can anyone advise what is wrong and why the power is permanently On for this channel? How do I remove the power from this channel. Can I use a spare channel or will it require a rail replacement?
    Thanks.

griffida, Aug 9, 2012
  2. griffida

brett_lynn

PM Sent - Check you inbox :D

brett_lynn, Aug 10, 2012
  3. griffida

Matthew

Hi
    Maybe the channel has programming from some other source to keep it on.
    Does it go off & on when you push the button on the front of the dimmer?
    If so then it is most likely working, if not maybe it has had a short, in which case you can usually swap the load to another channel and reprogram to suit.

Naturally you would only attempt this wiring if you are appropriately licenced to do so.:cool:

Matthew, Aug 17, 2012
  4. griffida

griffida

Dimmer problem solved

Hi Matthew. Thanks for input. The problem has now been resolved by using an available spare channel on the dimmer.

griffida, Aug 17, 2012
Ask a Question