L5508D1A - Local Toggle Problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by kayes006, Oct 8, 2007.

1. kayes006

kayes006

I have a L5508D1A with which I am experiencing unusual behavior.

I cannot local toggle any of the channels.
    - Pressing Local Toggle 1 - button light comes on - load does not light.
    - Pressing any other local Toggle buttons 2 through 4 - nothing happens, no button light, no lighting of the load.

The only items on the Cbus network are two E5032s, a 5500CN and a hardware network burden. There a four indescent lights wired to channels 1 to 4.

I have checked local toggle in the toolkit and this is enabled. The dimmer has toggled when first switched on, then the behaviour above is exhibited after a couple of minutes.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

kayes006, Oct 8, 2007
  2. kayes006

znelbok

Simple questions - have you put power onto the load side of the dimmer (ie the right hand side)? sounds like a yes

Does it work when you remove it from the network. You don't need a burden or any c-bus connection to use the local toggles (I am unfortunately having to do this at the moment with one of my dimmers).

Mick

znelbok, Oct 9, 2007
  3. kayes006

kayes006

Yes - I have the load side of the dimmer connected.

I have removed the dimmer from the network and left just one light attached.

After powering on the dimmer, the local toggle will work for around 60 seconds. The dimmer then displays the behaviour in my earlier post.
    If the dimmer is left turned off for half and hour - then it will work again for 60 seconds before displaying the same behavior.

Should I assume the dimmer is faulty?

Many thanks.

kayes006, Oct 9, 2007
  4. kayes006

znelbok

From my limited knowledge I would think that it is faulty. There is no reason to pull your hair out for something like this if it is under warranty - just get it replaced for peace of mind.

Mick

znelbok, Oct 10, 2007
  5. kayes006

Sublime

Hi Guys,
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Hope someone can shed some light on this. I have a customer who is having these exact same symptoms on thier 5508D1A. They had bought the unit from ebay about 18 months ago ie no warranty...

He is a friend of mine so Im trying to save him from spending another $800 odd for a new one. The current (faulty?) one was brand new in the box when he bought it...

Are they repairable?

Regards,
    Steve

Sublime, Nov 10, 2008
  6. kayes006

Newman

Faulty or damaged units can be returned to Clipsal to be repaired. If the unit is outside of warranty then it will be repaired if possible, and the cost will be less than a replacement unit. If the unit is significantly damaged it may be classified as 'Beyond Economic Repair'.

Newman, Nov 11, 2008
  7. kayes006

Woody

Local Toggle control

Just wondering, can the dimmer be accessed in toolkit. If it can, maybe the enable local toggle is not checked under global settings.

Cheers

Shane :D

Woody, Nov 12, 2008
  8. kayes006

ICS-GS

i also recall an issue with 'too little' load present, what wattage lamps are connected?

ICS-GS, Nov 16, 2008
Ask a Question