Licensing & Demo Mode questions

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Roti, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Roti

Roti

Hi. I have a few queries on HomeGate & ServerX function and licensing. I would be grateful if anyone could clarify.

1) I have a fairly simple retrofit network consisting of:
    - A wired C-bus "backbone", with PSU, CNI, Wiser and a single relay unit, as well as 3 wireless bridges.
    - The bridges connect to 3 separate C-bus wireless networks in different patrs of the house.
    As I understand it, this would be counted as 4 networks for software licensing purposes. Is this correct, or are wireless networks treated differently? It appears I would otherwise have to buy 2 "2 network" licenses or a "10 network" license for a relatively simple setup.

2) HomeGate run locally seems to work fine for embedding web pages (eg Squeezebox Control, Webscheduler) and feeds from IP cameras, but when accessed via network using Server X, I find that web camera feeds show only a single image without refreshing, and embedded web pages do not render. Is this a limitation of the ServerX product, or simply a limitation of using the unlicenced demo version?

Thanks.

Roti, Sep 9, 2009
  2. Roti

Darren Senior Member

That is correct.

You can only use one license at a time, so you would need the 10 network license.

This is a limitation of the way ServerX operates with HomeGate.

Darren, Sep 9, 2009
  3. Roti

Roti

Thankyou

Roti, Sep 9, 2009
Ask a Question