Light level sensor, group addressing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gregh, Oct 22, 2010.

1. gregh

gregh

Hi

I am new to c-bus and would like some help in setting up a LLS. I can't remember how to assign multiple group addresses to 1 LLS. I am trying to light a warehouse using the sensor, at present i have 10 group addresses for individual switching but would like to put all these addresses onto the light sensor for overall control, i only seem to have 1 group address option in the sensor set-up.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards gregh

gregh, Oct 22, 2010
  2. gregh

Newman

For controlling 10 separate group addresses here are a few options:
    - Create a new group address and assign this to a Logic Group on each channel you wish to control. Use this new group in the light level sensor.
    - Create a new group address and assign this to the Area Address of each of the output modules you wish to control. Bear in mind that this will affect all loads connected to each output unit.
    - Create a new group address and assign this to the light level sensor. Then, using a logic-capable device, write some logic to control the other 10 groups.
    - If you're only looking for on/off control, you can make the light level sensor turn on/off a group address. You could then make this group trigger 2 scenes, i.e. an On and an Off scene.

You haven't actually said what kind of end result you want to achieve. Do you want to selectively have banks of lights turn on/off as the measured light level goes up and down? Are you just looking for a master on or off based on light level? Are the banks of lights dimmable?

Depending upon what you want to achieve will change the solution, but there's a few ideas to get you started.

Newman, Oct 22, 2010
  3. gregh

gregh

Thanks Newman, sorry yes i want to use the light level sensor to switch all groups on once the light level drops to selected target.

gregh, Oct 23, 2010
  4. gregh

Newman

I would go with the Logic Group in the Relay unit option, i.e. the first. Create a logic group and get the LL sensor to turn that on when the measured light level drops. If you use 'OR' logic in the output unit, the relays will turn on when either the LL sensor tells them to, or the loads are turned on individually.

Newman, Oct 23, 2010
  5. gregh

gregh

May thanks again Newman, will go with the logic.

gregh, Oct 23, 2010
  6. gregh

ecenur

Yes go with the logic he is right

ecenur, Nov 4, 2010
  7. gregh

pete_s_h

More information on controlling multiple groups

Hi
    I too have a SENLL which I am using to control two Groups (Group 1 the stairway LEDs and Group 2 the Landing Lights) I set up a new group (Stair LEDs & Landing) and assigned this to the Light On/Off function of the of the Light Sensor and used OR Logic on the controlling relay two relay channels for the two real groups. This works fine in that both groups come on when the Light Sensor detects that it is dark enough and go off when it gets light. When the Landing lights have been activated by the Sensor the neon in the existing 2000 series switch is not illuminated and I cannot switch them off and leave the Stair LEDs on separately.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the Sensor to switch both Groups on and also allow one or othr of the Groups to be switched off indepenently?

Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.
    pete-s_h

pete_s_h, Nov 4, 2010
  8. gregh

Newman

If you are looking to have manual control of the individual groups after they have been turned on by the LL sensor then I would do it using Scenes, not logic in the output units.

Store 2 scenes in a Scene capable unit. Use the LL sensor to set the 'On' scene when the light level drops below the threshold and set the 'Off' scene when the light level rises above it.

This will make the indicators on your other switches show the correct state always and allow you to have local control over the individual loads.

Newman, Nov 5, 2010
Ask a Question