Light sensor for Comfort

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by theboyg, Aug 3, 2005.

1. theboyg

theboyg

I'm seen a post here regards a C-Bus light sensor - and I'm curious. What's the product code for this light sensor ?

As Comfort has no light sensor of it's own, and Cytech have said they wont develop one, mebe a C-Bus light sensor would be better.

And if so, would this light sensor report a value from 0-255 ? If that is the case, then I can use this value via the CBus SIM module to Comfort for my logic.

Also, repeat the above for a temperature sensor !

Regards

G.

theboyg, Aug 3, 2005
  2. theboyg

Newman

In C-Bus there are 2 light level sensor products: 5031PE (2000 series) and the 5753PEIRL (360 deg. roof-mount PIR).

The 5031PE is a bit limited in what it can do. It does perform closed-loop light level regulation but that's about it.

The 5753PEIRL can be set up to broadcast the current light level using the Light Level Broadcasting feature. It transmits the current light level as a 0-255 value as you would desire. The Broadcasting rate can be set anywhere from every 1 second to every 18 hours. Suggest something not too frequent so that the network doesn't get clagged with traffic. Every 1 minute should do the trick.

The only temperature sensor we have is the 5031TS (2000 series) and it doesn't broadcast the temperature.

Newman, Aug 3, 2005
  3. theboyg

daylehouse

Comfort

Cytec do do a light sensor for comfort.

http://www.home-control.co.uk/produ...id=48&osCsid=07b71e094bcb0c1acee0e2e916ba5ac6

Comfort Light Sensor Module LSM01

Light Sensor (LUX)Module
    This light sensor module relay board connects directly to Comfort's zone input (-ve applied when dark). The boards may be mounted either within the Comfort Comfort CPU, SEP02 or in the (optional) external mounting enclosure with a transparent lid (shown in the photograph). The photocell which detects the light level can be mounted remotely from the PCB if required, in a PIR or external camera, for instance.

A sensitivity adjustment is provided for the degree of lux at which you want the module to switch at. For use in applications such as conditionally switching lights via movement detectors etc. This is done by connecting the output to a Comfort zone input set to zone type 24 (Normally Closed). Comfort's default set has some programmed responses which use Zone 13 as the Light Level Input. This enables the system's lighting responses to be made 'intelligent' by operating conditionally upon light level. The light level output is threshold adjustable. Program your lighting responses to check this zone(13) to see if it is dark enough to say: operate an X10 response to switch certain lights on. Alternatively it could be used to perform dawn - dusk light switching by placing an On and Off Response on Zone 13.

Cheers
    Dayle

daylehouse, Aug 5, 2005
  4. theboyg

theboyg

Yes

Yes , I have one installed !

It's no that great - and the CBUS one would give greater control over LUX levels.

Shame there is no temp sensor (CBUS that can have the levels reported or for Comfort) - would be a big seller too - one for each room.

G.

theboyg, Aug 5, 2005
  5. theboyg

furlong

correct me if I am wrong but although the 5031TS doesn't broadcast temperature it can be interrogated by the Ctouch or the PAC which can then use the temperature value.

Is this right?

furlong, Aug 5, 2005
  6. theboyg

theboyg

Comfort

What I need is for that value to be reported back to Comfort via the Comfort/CBUS SIM.

I'm reading above it cannot do that ?

G.

theboyg, Aug 5, 2005
Ask a Question