LSS5500SHAC Unusual Behaviour & Diagnostics

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Swifty, Oct 10, 2024 at 12:30 PM.

1. Swifty

Swifty

Hi All,

I have a C-Bus install which has been running for years with the occasional update here and there, the latest being a SHAC to replace a PC based application I wrote to control heating, schedules and a few other things. In general it has been running fine but I have recently started to see tags being set...apparently all by themselves ! After going through some diagnostics I can't see the root cause so am hoping someone might be able to help or offer some guidance.

The system is a SHAC which I have updated to F/W v1.18.0, Toolkit v1.16.4 on a PC running as well now for diagnostics, a couple of eDLT's, DLT's, 4 & 8 channel dimmers plus some other bits and pieces for temperature, BC's etc...

I have a couple of modes for Holiday, Guests and an Alarm Override which simply control behaviour with lights, these are tags in the Lighting application, turned on via wall switches and read in the SHAC on sunset or Trigger events. I first noticed a problem that the modes were being set without any interaction, this was confirmed once with an e-mail received when Guests was enabled and no-one was actually home.

I haven't been able to trace any diagnostics on the modes yet, Alarm Override was enabled a few minutes ago and I received an e-mail which shows the SHAC thinks it was turned on, but the Toolkit log doesn't show an entry so I don't know the source of the tag change. That said, the Toolkit log does show other light groups being set...albeit to their current state...again with no interaction :

upload_2024-10-10_12-21-41.png

This shows a few entries from the log, it looks like the SHAC is settings lights, the only light that is on is the Hallway Light as I turned it on myself hoping to see a state change...however this just seems to show entries of a few lights being set to their current state, every few minutes.

Any idea why this would be happening ?

The following entry is from the SHAC which shows the Alarm Override was set at 12:01:02, but no corresponding entry in the Toolkit log :

upload_2024-10-10_12-23-37.png

Any idea why this would be missing ?

I have now set Logging in the SHAC and will see if I get anything there. I can confirm there are currently no errors or anything in the log that shows any issues.

Finally for now, I have another SHAC question about Events. I understood that the Event Table would contain the Src and Dst among other useful pieces of information, however I only get 'local' for the Src which means in the SHAC I can't determine which switch was used, there are a few situations where this information would be very useful. Here is a SHAC log of the Event table :

upload_2024-10-10_12-28-45.png

Am I doing something wrong to not have the correct 'src' being displayed ?

Many thanks in advance for any help, happy to provide any other information, versions etc...

Cheers,

Swifty

Attached Files:

Swifty, Oct 10, 2024 at 12:30 PM
  2. Swifty

Ashley

The SHAC doesn't give you access to the unit that issued a command. I suggest you run the Cbus diagnositc utility which will provide this information in real time.

Ashley, Oct 11, 2024 at 7:54 AM
Ask a Question