Motion sensors configuration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by emillika, Dec 11, 2009.

1. emillika

emillika

I have a couple new occupancy sensors (slc5753peirl) and I need a little guidance. I have figured out how to turn on a light when motion is detected and also how long to leave that light on.

Can I setup the sensors to turn off a load after xx minutes of no motion being detected? The practical use here is I want to put a sensor in our kid's basement playroom and to have the lights turn off if no motion detected for say 30 minutes.

Thanks.

emillika, Dec 11, 2009
  2. emillika

NickD Moderator

Yes.. this actually the default configuration for a C-Bus Multisensor :)

If you add a new unit to your database, you will see the "Virtual Key 1" Function is set to "Day Move" and the "Virtual Key 2" Function is set to "Night Move".

If you assign a group to Virtual Key 1, it will also appear in Virtual Key 2 (this is because by default, these keys are assiegnd to the same "Block"). If you click the dots next to the Function drop down you'll see that there is a timer, set for 5 mins, and with an "expiry function" of "Off Key".

What this means :

Virtual Key 2 = "Night Move" - when movement is detected, and it's dark (according to the threshold set up on the "Light Level" tab, it will turn the group on, for the time specified, and when that time expires, it will issue an OFF command.

Virtual Key 1 = "Day Move" - when movement is detected and it's light (ie if the light has already been turned on by the Night Move function, or it's already light enough)... it will *retrigger* the timer - ie stop it from expiring... ie keep the light on while there is still movement. The important thing here, and what is different from "Night Move" function, is that it won't turn the light ON, so the light doesn't come on when movement is detected and the light level is already above the threshold.

Hope that makes sense.

Nick

NickD, Dec 11, 2009
  3. emillika

emillika

It DOES!! Well let's check my understanding. If I leave the timer set to 2 hours and expiry set to off then after two hours the lights will be turned off.

Does that 2 hours get reset if someone moves in the range of the multi-sensor at say the 30 minute mark?

Thanks.

emillika, Dec 11, 2009
  4. emillika

NickD Moderator

Yes.. any movement while the timer is running restarts it.. this is what the "Retrig" part of the "Day Move" (and "Night Move") functions does.

If you want to get to the detail of it... have a look at the "Key Functions" tab, and look through the Toolkit help to see how it all works.

Nick

NickD, Dec 11, 2009
  5. emillika

emillika

You rock!

Thanks Nick.

emillika, Dec 11, 2009
Ask a Question