multi austar settop boxes

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by saspa, Jun 22, 2009.

1. saspa

saspa Guest

a quick question, i'm in the middle of a project, i've placed all 4 austar boxes in the comms room (all the same type), my question is, can each emmiter be programed from a particuar sensor. so eg, 2 different rooms can control 1 box then another room can control another box, without effecting one another? ect ect

saspa, Jun 22, 2009
  2. saspa

Newman

It's not entirely clear what you're asking for here. Can you try and be a bit clearer?

Given that you've posted in the CIRCA section of the forum I assume that you're talking about the 5034NIRT controlling the Austar boxes... I think you're asking if it's possible to have IR commands control the boxes individually, and not just all 4 at once...

With those assumptions, the answer is yes. You can use the stick-on IR Emitter leads that attach to the front of any IR device with an adhesive. You then program up the IR codes as required so that you have different C-Bus commands triggering IR codes on different channels of the 5034NIRT. The indicators on the unit will flash when the unit transmits an IR code. If the Austar devices are physically close together you may need something to block the "IR overspray" coming off the emmitters. A bit of cardboard or some paint on the back of the emitter heads would probably do the trick.

If you want completely independent control of 4 identical devices then you'll need to buy 2 5034NIRTs, as each NIRT has only 2 independent channels.

If I've completely misinterpreted what you're trying to do then please try explaining your requirements again.

Newman, Jun 23, 2009
  3. saspa

saspa Guest

sound right in what you said, basiclly to rephrase, room one will control box one only, room two will control box two only, room three will control box three only, ect ect, two or three other different rooms maybe needed to control one box.

so as you said, I'll need two 5034NIRT with the card board, am I right in saying that?

saspa, Jun 23, 2009
  4. saspa

Newman

Yep. You might not even need the cardboard, depending on how the austar units are physically separated and what reflective surfaces are nearby.

Newman, Jun 23, 2009
  5. saspa

Newman

Sounds to me like they're all located next to each other.

Newman, Jun 24, 2009
Ask a Question