Need help expanding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barryjnr, May 26, 2013.

1. barryjnr

barryjnr

I have moved into a house with the following setup

Colour touch screen
    set of 6 lights (im assuming controlled via a wireless gateway)
    saturn light switch (4 button)

So far, all is hooked up and working well.

Its a very basic system, with the lights able to be turned on/off (all lights) by the switch
    The colour touch screen can also turn the lights on/off, and dim the lights (essentially turn 3 lights off).

I am resettting up the room so want to be able to

-control lights idenpendantly (ie group the lights into two groups (4 and 2), and turn each on/off via the light swtich
    -add an extra light switch

So, by being a newbie, Im not sure if this is possible based on current hardware...thoughts ??

I have a USB PC interface, so can connect to the unit via the toolkit
    thanks for the help

barryjnr, May 26, 2013
  2. barryjnr

paulw11

As there is a colour touch screen and a USB PCI you probably have a wired rather than wireless system.

The first thing you should do is run the toolkit and discover the existing network (I am assuming that the previous owner didn't leave you with the config files).

This will show you what units you have.

As far as changing the control over individual lights, it will depend on how they are wired. If each light is connected individually to a relay or dimmer channel then you can use programming to change things around.

If not, then physical wiring changes will be required (you may also require an additional dimmer or relay depending on what you have and whether it has spare channels) - this must be done by a licensed electrician.

Alternatively there may be someone on here from Adelaide who you could hire to look at it for you - it may save you time trying to figure things out yourself.

Paul

paulw11, May 26, 2013
  3. barryjnr

barryjnr

thanks Paul

Yes I connected via toolkit and there is a wireless gateway setup, so assume possibly needs electrician to re-wire. I believe the wired is linked to the wireless via a bridge.

I can see its a 4 channel dimmer

any adelaide installers who would be willing to have a look for me ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    barryjnr, May 27, 2013
Ask a Question