New to Wiser2

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by shahadit, Aug 20, 2023.

1. shahadit

shahadit

Hello,

I purchased a house that already has a CBUS system. It's got a Wiser2 controller but I am unable to connect to it through the app or search through the tool kit.

Furthermore, I tried to find is IP but looks like it doesn't connect to the switch which is precluding me from getting its IP.

I reset and factory reset it a few times but it doesn't connect to the switch or the internet router. Any suggestions on why that would happen?

Shahadit

shahadit, Aug 20, 2023
  2. shahadit

Ashley

If you factory reset it you have wiped out all the programming. I hope you got a copy of the Wiser project from the previous owner. I suggest you employ a certified Cbus installer before you do anymore damage.

Ashley, Aug 20, 2023
  3. shahadit

shahadit

I do have a copy of the Wiser project. I managed to create a sample project and create widgets for it for testing purposes.

Do you know how do the admin credentials work an how I can reset the login? I am unable to login after I transfer the backed up project to Wiser.

shahadit, Aug 20, 2023
  4. shahadit

Wonkey

If you have the original project then in the piced software:
    To change the password:
    1. Click on the Project menu in PICED
    2. Click on the Edit Profiles option
    3. Edit the Admin profile
    4. Enter the new password
    5. Profile passwords must follow all the validations listed below : Passwords must be at least 8 characters and not more than 64 characters in length. Passwords must contain 1 upper case and 1 lower case. Passwords must contain 1 number or 1 special character. Passwords must not contain spaces at the beginning or end. Passwords must not contain username in it.
    6. Click OK to save the changes

See the help files they are also useful

Wonkey, Aug 22, 2023
Ask a Question