Newbie enquiry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Napoleon, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Napoleon

Napoleon

Hi All,

Went through a Home Ideas place on the weekend and saw a clipsal stand and as i am in the stages of doing my electrical plan for my new house I started getting info on c-bus.

First off my house has 4 rooms plus study, lounge, home theater, kitchen, dining, meals, and Alfresco area.

I am looking at least doing the wiring for the c-bus and starserve, with the intention of having TV's to 3 rooms and projector all hooked up, with data points from study to points through the house.
    With lighting mainly interested in a setup to turn on when getting home, lights for when the smoke alarm goes off and to open garage door. Future would be my Brivis Heat/cooling connected, sauna and spa as well, outdoor lighting.

From the info I have gathered c-bus controls the lights and starserve (I guess like a wired network?) the TV/DVD/computer side of things?

Does the starserve just require Cat6/5 cableing and antenna cableing(foxtel & FTA) to a network hub? Or is other cableing required?

And what sort of wiring is needed for the c-bus system? Does all the wiring need to go to a central point? And is there any websites I can see some pricing for hardware?

Sorry for all the questions but I only have 2 months before I start building and never considered this until I saw it on the weekend.

Cheers
    Wolf

Napoleon, Aug 28, 2006
Ask a Question