Newbie Question

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by HTPHeritage, Dec 5, 2023.

1. HTPHeritage

HTPHeritage

Hi there I wondered if anyone may be able to assist, we've had a lighting engineer out who installed a CLIPSAL C-Bus and was using a CLIPSAL C-Bus interface with the SE Toolkit.

I'm looking to find an interface for my lighting (Image attached) and I've come across the below interface which looks like the one our lighting engineer used and I wondered if anyone might be able to confirm if this will work? I've been shown the software itself and how it works but require one of the interfaces to connect with it on my laptop!

Thank you if anyone knows :)

Attached Files:

HTPHeritage, Dec 5, 2023
  2. HTPHeritage

Ashley

The first 3 images are dimmers, the last one is a Cbus interface. There are 3 versions of this for PC Serial (old school), USB (as in your image) and Network. All work the same way. The serial ones are usually the cheapest on Ebay, but you will either need a PC with a serial interface (not common now), or use a USB to serial adapter (a good one, not a cheap one). The network ones are the most versatile as you can connect to it from anywhere, but the are much more expensive.

If you are planning to expand the system in the future and do fancy things you can also get devices like the Wiser2 and SHAC that allow extensive programming and remote acces via smart phones etc, and both these device include a network Cbus interface.

Ashley, Dec 6, 2023
  3. HTPHeritage

Conformist

Can I suggest you look to contact Ben Addison (Ben is active on this forum) who is in the UK. He is very experienced and may be able to assist you. I'm not sure if Ben looks after existing project from others though.

Conformist, Dec 6, 2023
Ask a Question