Newbie question

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Richspark, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Richspark

Richspark

Hi everyone

Could anyone offer me any help on connecting to the c-bus network. My laptop is vista 32 bit. Won't connect. I have tried all the advice i have read so far and also a different laptop and two different usb interfaces.

Could anyone point me to a thread on installing usb driver for vista 32 bit

Thanks
    --

Rich

Richspark, Dec 13, 2010
  2. Richspark

Newman

Things that you need to check:

• That you have a fairly recent version of C-Bus Toolkit installed. The current version is 1.11.4
    • That your USB PC Interface is connected to a working C-Bus network and both the Unit and C-Bus indicators are lit
    • That you have a USB cable connecting your USB PC Interface to your laptop
    • That you know the virtual COM port number that has been assigned to the USB PC Interface. You can discover this from the device manager (in XP) or you can see it in the drop-down list against the available COM ports in Toolkit
    • That the default interface for Toolkit is set to the correct COM port number
    If all these things are in place then you should be able to scan your network using Toolkit.

Newman, Dec 13, 2010
Ask a Question