PAC problems with latest firmware / PICED

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by paulas, Apr 9, 2009.

1. paulas

paulas

Hi,

I've just updated a PAC to the latest firmware and seem to have encounted a problem. It seems that I can no longer send messages to non lighting applications.

Eg: SetCBusState(254,113,18,ON); compiles, works in the simulator, works under the previous firmware, but does nothing under the new firmware.

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks,

Paul

paulas, Apr 9, 2009
  2. paulas

paulas

I just reverted back to the previous firmware, all is working fine now. I'll wait until they sort out the bugs next time :p

paulas, Apr 9, 2009
  3. paulas

Mark

C-Touch / PAC 3.41.0

Hi,

You are correct. It appears build 3.41.0 of B&W C-Touch, B&W C-Touch#2 and PAC does not work with applications other than Lighting (56), Trigger Control and Enable Control. If you are using applications other than these, please stick with the previous version.

Sorry for the mistake, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Mark.

Mark, Apr 10, 2009
  4. paulas

filpee

#

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    filpee, Apr 21, 2009
  5. paulas

ashleigh Moderator

Its like Annie and Clarabel.

(Check your Thomas the Tank Engine stories and you will know what I mean)

ashleigh, Apr 21, 2009
  6. paulas

filpee

:)

filpee, Apr 21, 2009
  7. paulas

paulas

Any idea when this fix will be available? I have a bunch of code using the new SystemIO stuff which I can't deploy. :(

paulas, Apr 24, 2009
  8. paulas

filpee

I have a large multi network system that is using many different applications so I cannot upgrade to the latest firmware either.

I'm sure they will release a fix in due course.

filpee, Apr 25, 2009
  9. paulas

ashleigh Moderator

In the stories, Thomas the Tank Engine goes huffing around the tracks (appropriate, seeing as he is a steam engine). He only hauls two coaches, on his small branch line. The coaches are called "Annie" and "Clarabel".

Thomas is usually in a hurry, and calls, as he puffs along: "Come along, come along". He is the impatient sort.

The coaches answer back: "Coming along, coming along".

The firmware and update is doing an Annie and Clarabel. Coming along, coming along.

ashleigh, Apr 25, 2009
  10. paulas

______.

I think Clipsal needs to look closer at the testing of software/firmware releases, i'm not sure you fully understand how many problems are caused when a "little" bug appears. It can cause major problems for installers when trying to deliver projects - which not only looks bad for them but also for the C-Bus product.
    I understand from time to time bugs will appear BUT I don't understand how such a huge mistake of not being able to use other application addresses can be let through the testing process before release :confused:

______., Apr 26, 2009
  11. paulas

paulas

The fat controller would like to point out that there are a bunch of people, stuck at the station after the last derailment, who would dearly like to know when the next train is expected (or should they catch the bus?)

Seriously, I'm not so much worried about the bugs (I've never released software that didn't have bugs in it) but I'm surprised that clipsal didn't scramble to release a fix for what what have to be considered something of a showstopper. To be honest, I was expecting to see an updated firmware posted in a day or two.

paulas, Apr 27, 2009
  12. paulas

ashleigh Moderator

PICED 4.6, which includes a firmware update for the B&W screen and PAC, was released for download yesterday 29 Apr 09.

This fixes these problems.

The previous post about testing is well taken. Part of the reason for the period of time elapsed between discovery and rectification is the amount of test required to re-release. I won't go into the underlying cause of the fault. Suffice it to say that when you are tossing round a million lines of code (or so) in products, the odd snafu happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    ashleigh, Apr 30, 2009
  13. paulas

Infolink

More of the same

Hi Guys

Having some issues: Piced ver is 4.4.1.0 and PAC firmware version 3.11

We tried uploading from PICED to PAC succeeded once, then no access at all. We are using a Trigger Control function. We had a warning that said something to the effect of 'the unit may be permanently damaged if wrong firmware version... Ouch

Do you think we have damaged the PAC or what to do? We are now trying to download the PAC firmware file (PACA_3_30_0.mot) and in doing so the confirmation message we get says 'downloading to the C Touch and there is NO C Touch on the bench. Anyway the download doesn't take place.

Please let me know what sequence to apply this fix in - your input always appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Infolink, May 2, 2009
  14. paulas

Darren Senior Member

This message appears when you are transferring via C-Bus. Do you know what the version of the firmware in the PAC was before you did the transfer?

Darren, May 4, 2009
Ask a Question