Passive Infrared Detector help?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Damaxx, May 20, 2009.

1. Damaxx

Damaxx

I have a bit of a problem I hope you can help me with. I have installed a infrared motion detector in my carport for switching on and off the fluros in the car port but when I go to bed, every cat, dog and fat bullant sets the damn thing off. I use a goodnight scene each night to shut the lights off in the house and have programmed a false group to disable the sensor but I have to overide that to make it work again the following night.

What is the best 'clean' way of programming the sensor to work until the goodnight scene is pressed and then come on automatically the following night?

Damaxx, May 20, 2009
  2. Damaxx

filpee

Re-enable the sensor using the sunrise feature is what I would do.

filpee, May 20, 2009
  3. Damaxx

Lucky555

Damaxx

You mentioned you run a scene for goodnight, however you did not mention where the scene was based...

If you were to have a unit that is also capable of schedules eg, ctouch, PAC etc then you have a few options.

You could try twisting the PIR down to cover a smaller detection area, therefore more stable. In my case I have control (enable / disable) via a touch screen. If I get a really stormy, windy night I can disable external PIR's via the screen. I have a daily schedule that enables the PIR's each day at sunset. That way I can kill them off tonight and everything is back to normal tomorrow night...

Lucky555, May 20, 2009
  4. Damaxx

Damaxx

Thanks Gents. I have recently installed the wiser unit which has scheduling, etc on it so I will try via that. Just thought there might be a inbuilt system for the PIR to do what I am after.

The masterbedroom has the goodnight scene on a 2 button saturn.
    Basically just setting all zones to 0% over 4 minutes. Nothing too technical. I have just added a group "lights off" as the enable/disable and put that as part of the goodnight scene.

Damaxx, May 20, 2009
  5. Damaxx

Newman

On the Global tab of the Toolkit UI for the PIR you can desensitise the PIR somewhat by increasing the value of the Time Threshold parameter.

This parameter specifies the duration of time that the unit needs to detect a continuous signal before it will register as a movement event. If you increase this value it will effectively desensitise the unit.

I'd try setting it to about 400ms and give it a go. Hopefully that will reduce the triggers from all those maccas-fed bull ants. :)

Newman, May 21, 2009
Ask a Question