PC_GIM General Input Unit

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ColinCamSmith, Oct 23, 2023.

1. ColinCamSmith

ColinCamSmith

Due to the ongoing lack of Rain in my area I decided to put a Water Level sensor in my Tank.

I connected the Level Sensor to Channel 3 of the General Input Unit and used the “Offset” to get the actual level of 92%. See screenshot below

I then set the Cbus Measurement Manager to Unit 25 Channel 2 and as expected it also read 92%

upload_2023-10-24_9-0-18.png

Now on Channel 4 of the General Input Unit I have a Moisture Sensor. T he screenshots below shows the reading is 44% in the General Input Unit as it is in the Cbus Measurement Manager,

upload_2023-10-24_9-10-9.png

upload_2023-10-24_9-0-40.png

A screenshot of the Cbus log below clearly shows that both Channels 3 & 4 of the General Input Unit and Channels 2 & 3 from the Measurement Manager are reading as loaded and are feeding Home-gate through the Cbus Measure Manager with the correct readings.

upload_2023-10-24_9-4-24.png

Now the point of concern is where the Status of the button is set to Rainwater Level in the System IO, it is reading the same (there is a small variable between screenshots) as is the Status which is set to the System IO for the Moisture Sensor. This can be seen below in screenshot of Home-gate System IO and screenshots of Home gate screens.

System IO

upload_2023-10-24_9-4-56.png

Homegate Screen showing Moisture Sensor

upload_2023-10-24_9-5-38.png

Homegate Screen showing Rainwater Level (Freshwater Status)

upload_2023-10-24_9-6-11.png

Now my problem may be a simple one but the question is:

Why is the General Input Unit, Channel 4 feeding the Homegate System IO with the Moisture Sensor reading from Channel 3 and not the Rainwater Level whereas the Cbus Measurement Manager is picking up the correct readings.

Attached Files:

ColinCamSmith, Oct 23, 2023
  2. ColinCamSmith

ssaunders

It's been a while for me re. system I/O so just a guess, but is the status of the button reading from user system I/O vs. in-built system I/O measurement application real value? Is there currently logic setting the
    "Moisture Sensor" user system I/O from the respective measurement app device/channel that needs replicating for the "Rainwater Level"?

ssaunders, Oct 28, 2023
  3. ColinCamSmith

ColinCamSmith

The System I/O for Rainwater Level is set to "Real" and there is no conflict in the Logic. I may shift the cable to Channel 1 which is currently "Unused".

ColinCamSmith, Nov 2, 2023
  4. ColinCamSmith

Ashley

Why are you creating user systemIO's for this? You can display measurement data directly. I assume you have written logic to map between them then?

Ashley, Nov 2, 2023
Ask a Question