Pci fail to reset!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EMH, Apr 9, 2013.

1. EMH

EMH

I have been having this random problem with some PCIs ( RS-232 and usb) also with the professional series 6ch dimmers via the USB.

When trying to find a new networks!

PCI FAIL TO RESET!!

But I never seem to get this problem when using a touch screen in interface mode!

Any suggestions?? :confused::confused:

EMH, Apr 9, 2013
  2. EMH

Darren Senior Member

What exactly do you mean by this?

Darren, Apr 13, 2013
  3. EMH

EMH

Hi Darren

I have been having a few problems with the new version of toolkit when detecting new networks! have been getting a error pop up box. Saying PCI FAILED TO RESET!!..

Only getting this problem on the rs232 PCI and also on the professional series dimmers USB. The touch screens usb interface is the only one that i haven't had any problem with on multiple networks.

I Spoke to CIS Tech Support this week and apparently from what i have been told they are having some driver issues/Bugs with the new ver of toolkit.

I have been using a generic usb to rs232 adaptor for years and it no longer works with the new ver of toolkit. That is why i am getting the problem with the Rs232 PCI.

Got a new USB to RS232 Adaptor this seams to have fixed my rs232 issue.

Got the dontronics easy sync gold. and it CBUS APPROVED

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/easysync-premium-gold-usb-rs232-adapter-cable-10cm-cable.html

This seems to have fixed the problem. :)

But i still think they have some work to do on there drivers ;)

EMH, Apr 13, 2013
  4. EMH

Darren Senior Member

The drivers are provided by the manufacturer of the USB chip and are largely beyond the control of Clipsal.

Darren, Apr 14, 2013
  5. EMH

Aminpro

Try a lower version of the Cbus toolkit. I used the lowest version available on the CIS website and it worked perfectly.

Aminpro, Sep 11, 2013
  6. EMH

NickD Moderator

Hmm.. There are no "drivers" associated with the RS232 PCI, and any code that might have been changed in the serial handling would be the same for the USB PCI (or C-Touch), which you say works.. this makes it sound more like a problem with the physical RS232 port.

As for the "professional series USB"... if you mean the USB port on the Architectural Dimmer.... this does not provide a PCI function, so that would be why it doesn't work :)

Nick

NickD, Sep 12, 2013
Ask a Question