PIR Override problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scott d, Dec 23, 2007.

1. scott d

scott d

Hi all, I have a simple question, been checking out site and nothing really explains this, if someone can answer or point in right direction,
    I have PIR controlling underbench lights, and am using this light group to disable the PIR (have done this so when the light group is set in a scene the PIR is disabled and will not start timing again once it detects again, as well as when you turn on the light it will also disable the PIR), This alll works perfectly till now i have a cat and if people stay over in my lounge room the lights come on in the night when cat works in, i would like to add in a PIR disabled switch (on/off toggle) as well as have the above still working (will need the above still working as I dont want the PIR to start timing again once scene or light level is set manually.)
    How would I do this, Im not too clued up on writing logic yet, so would be helpful if someone could help me in writing a logic program or doing it somehow with groups and switches (i have saturn range switches, have a bw touchscreen and also homgate program).

scott d, Dec 23, 2007
  2. scott d

filpee

Add a new GA - "PIR Disable"

Put this in the PIR Enables/Disables field and set it to "Disables"

Leave the existing GA "Underbench Lights" in the Day/Night setting.

When recalling your scene make sure you set the "PIR Disable" GA if needed.

On your key input device use blocks to toggle the "Underbench Lights" and the "PIR Disable" GA's at the same time.

If your not dimming the lights, on the existing key input set the 'Long Press' to Up Key.
    Do this so that it will set the GA's to a known state in case they get mixed up.

In your case if you will be using a dedicated button for the disable you probably wont need to change the other key function.

sorry if this seems a little jibberish. tyring to type one handed with a crying baby on my lap is a little hard :p

Good luck.

filpee, Dec 24, 2007
  3. scott d

scott d

Fantastic, Thanks for your help.Worked perfectly,now I just got to work out how to do it all of a toggle on/off button on the touchscreen, have added a disable pir button, its just the tricky part of a toggle on/off button to turn on the lights and disable pir at same time as well as turn off the lights and enable pir. Pity buttons on the touchscreen dont let you control blocks like the hard buttons do.

scott d, Dec 26, 2007
  4. scott d

PSC

Create a scene and toggle the scene.

PSC, Dec 26, 2007
  5. scott d

scott d

Simple!!! Thank you both for your help

scott d, Dec 26, 2007
  6. scott d

froop

I've got a slightly simpler problem, which I'm sure has been solved before, but I can't seem to figure it out. I've searched the forums here, and tried a few things, but haven't got it sorted yet..

I've only been living in my C-bus house for a couple of weeks, and I'm still getting the hang of programming. I don't (yet) have a PAC or any scene controllers.

In a couple of rooms where I have PIRs, I want lights to come on automatically, and stay on until I turn them off. Eg, garage. I setup the PIR with GarageLights groups to disable the PIR, but as I'm leaving the garage and turn the lights off, the PIR is enabled and senses me leaving the garage, and turns the lights back on again!

What I really need to do is re-enable the PIR 30 seconds after the lights turn off. Am I missing something obvious to achieve this?

Thanks for anyone who can help! :)

froop, Dec 27, 2007
  7. scott d

PSC

Froop,

You can ramp the lights off over 30 seconds, then when the lights turn off the PIR is enabled again.

PSC, Dec 28, 2007
  8. scott d

froop

Aaah ha. I think something just clicked. So even though its a flouro controlled by a relay I can still send a ramp off, but the light will only turn off when the ramping reaches a lower threshold?

froop, Dec 28, 2007
  9. scott d

PSC

You got it!

PSC, Dec 28, 2007
Ask a Question