PIR programming question

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by phcjpp, Apr 19, 2006.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi All,

In about eight of my rooms I use a combination of PIR and DLT to control the lighting (lets say 8 lighting groups in each room).

Each dlt has 4 scenes programmed , Bright, Medium, Dim and All Off.

As suggested on this forum, I use a PIR-DISABLE group in each scene to stop the PIR from firing if a DLT button has been set. Hitting 'All Off' button re-enables the PIR. All well and good.

At the moment the PIR triggers only 3 of the groups and turns them off after 5 minutes (assuming its enabled). Fairly standard again.

What I would really like to do is to have the PIR trigger the DIM scene but in doing so it will disable itself. Will the timer still continue to function and thus re-enable itself after 5 minutes ?

I use action selectors in all my scenes so they can be labelled - can the PIR use them too to call up scenes?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

phcjpp, Apr 19, 2006
  2. phcjpp

Newman

Chris

The PIR will not get disabled, so the state of it's timer becomes irrelevant.

If you change the PIR configuration to remotely trigger the Scenes in the DLT then that will mean putting the PIR on the Trigger Control application. This will also put your PIR Enable/Disable Group on the Trigger Control application as a consequence.

As such, you won't be able to change the enable/disable status of the PIR from within the Scene any more.

You really need to disable the PIR when the lights are on for this to work properly. Otherwise whenever the PIR detects movement it will always set the Dim Scene. To do this the easiest way would be with a 5500PAC.

PIR timers continue to run, even after the PIR has been disabled.

Newman, Apr 20, 2006
Ask a Question