pool ph automation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pj power, Feb 1, 2007.

1. pj power

pj power

hi guy's , just wondering if any one has tackled complete automation of pool chemical system as in ph & chlorine/bromine through homegate or c-touch
    thanks paul

pj power, Feb 1, 2007
  2. pj power

ashleigh Moderator

Not sure if this product can do it, but check out Aqualine:

http://www.aqualine.com.au/

Their controller can be integrated with cbus and is going through cbus enabled certification at the moment.

As far as I know their integration with cbus is getting better and better.

Disclosure: I've got nothing to do with them at all, just seen their controller and it looks pretty neat.

ashleigh, Feb 1, 2007
  3. pj power

arthurk

Pardon my ignorance as to why you would want CBus to control pool sanitation rather than a dedicated unit like a chemigem. The last thing you would want to do is get a wrong dosage of bromine.

If you wanted to control lights and spa controls I could understand.

arthurk, Mar 2, 2007
  4. pj power

tobex

Sounds like a terrible idea to me. They can afford a pool but they cant afford to have someone look at it properly once a month.

tobex, Mar 2, 2007
  5. pj power

znelbok

I this the original question is more around getting an interface to a system via C-bus/homegate, such as the aqualine mentioned in the second post.

The idea behind this is to ensure that the pool is constantly in check. From what I read a year ago or so, most places in the states are mandating that this sort of system is used because too many people cant manage their pools properly.

And why not do it via automation. C-bus is not the right tool for it here, but there is nothing stopping C-Bus having a control layer over the dosing system.

Mick

znelbok, Mar 2, 2007
Ask a Question