Powering Bathroom Fan over c-bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by farhan, Apr 14, 2010.

1. farhan

farhan

Hi all,

1st post and install so please be gentle!

Am in the UK and just completed a basic install of several powered dimmers (no relays) and E2000 switches. System is running well overall, but i am unable to run the bathroom fan.

My questions are:

1) Do I need a timed fan or just a normal one?
    2) Should the fan wires be cabled into the dimmer or into a relay?
    3) If I install a normal fan, do I need a PAC to be able to tell it to run for several minutes after I turn the light off?

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

Farhan

farhan, Apr 14, 2010
  2. farhan

Newman

Not entirely sure what you mean by this statement. Are you referring to exhaust fans that have a built-in timer? If so, I'd recommend that you just buy a regular exhaust fan and do all the timing with C-Bus.

If you're only ever going to turn the fan on and off, and not run it at a reduced speed, then just connect it to a relay channel. If you want to run the fan at a partial speed (for whatever reason), you will need to connect it to a dimmer channel.

Probably not, however you'll need to be more specific about the exact behaviour you want before a definitive answer can be given.

There's an application note on the Clipsal website that deals with run-on timers that would be worth your while to read.

Newman, Apr 15, 2010
  3. farhan

znelbok

I use a standard fan on a dimmer - I run it at slightly less than full speed to keep the noise down when I am in teh shower early in the morning.

Its just as easy to wire it into a relay.

If I remember correctly - the run on feature can be done in a key switch. It was in teh V2 manual in teh examples section. I dont know if it is still covered in the current manual.

It may also be covered in the toolkit help - check them both.

Mick

znelbok, Apr 15, 2010
Ask a Question