Powering the 56001 Audio Distribution Unit.

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by Charlie Crackle, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

If you use the 560011 with an AMP the 560011 gets its power from the AMP.

If you used with the OLD Matrix Switcher on the Digital input you hand to supply a seperate power supply.

Does the NEW Matrix Switcher still have this requirement ?

If so why can it not be powered from the Matrix Switch. Is this because if you cascade two matrix switchers there would be power supply issues ?

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    Charlie Crackle, Jun 15, 2010
  2. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Does the NEW Matrix Switcher still have this requirement ?

Need to work out if I need to order a power supply for these very high priced pieces of equipment.

Charlie Crackle, Jun 27, 2010
  3. Charlie Crackle

Nik

Hey Charlie Crackle,

Yes it does appear to require a powersupply when connecting to the new matrix unit.. According to the latest set of Installation instructions for the New Matrix Units..

I cannot answer why it does require power, seems to me like the powersupply could quite easily be integrated into the matrix design..

Considering the psu trades for $28 it seems like a cheap way to ensure you have everything required..

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Jun 27, 2010
  4. Charlie Crackle

NickD Moderator

The new matrix switcher is the same as the old one in this regard... there is no power supplied via the Digital Audio In connector.

I'm not 100% sure why, but suspect your theory about power supply issues when cascading units may well be the reason.

Nick

PS : if you really need an answer to a question like this, technical support should be your first point of call. You'll usually get an answer here, but there's no guarantees it will be in a timely fashion!

NickD, Jun 28, 2010
Ask a Question