Powerlink Breakers and Saturn Keypads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wpimage, Nov 10, 2009.

1. wpimage

wpimage

I was looking for a programming squence to operate a Square-D Powerlink Breaker with a Saturn Keypad or Saturn DLT.

We have the Powerlink/C-Bus Device Router and NF3000G3C contoller in the Powerlink Panel. We are getting ready to install these.

We have had no trouble setting up the C-Bus and operating the relays with the Saturn Keypads.

Now we need to control a Powerlink breaker with the push of a Saturn Keypad button.

What am I missing? What input or zone in the Powerlink Controller do I need to setup to recognize the addresses of the C-Bus keypads?

For may Saturn keypad button 1:
    Key 1 Group: Shop Lights (which needs to control breakers 1,3,5,7)
    Function: On/Off
    C-Bus Address: 006

For my Powerlink C-Bus Device Router:
    C-Bus Address: 007

How do I take the info from my Saturn Keypad and operate the powerlink breakers on/off?

What do I need to do in the NF3000GC3 controller to make it work? Zones/Inputs/...etc...

Do I need to setup a Group Address under the Lighting Application in C-Bus Toolkit to control the Powerlink breakers?

I hate to ask so many question on my first post.

wpimage, Nov 10, 2009
  2. wpimage

Newman

Reading through the Instruction Bulletin, it sounds like you need to associate a C-Bus Group number with an Input, associate breakers with a Zone and then link the Input to the Zone. You then need to learn all C-Bus inputs to that group, assuming they haven't already been programmed to use the correct group using Toolkit.

There's a Quick Start guide on page 11 of the Instruction Bulletin. Does that provide any help?

Newman, Nov 10, 2009
  3. wpimage

wpimage

I think we got it covered....for now. This is an interesting system I would like to use in a home in the future...

wpimage, Nov 11, 2009
  4. wpimage

wpimage

Thanks for the link to those instructions. I don't think we had those. So far so good though!!!!! I will let ya'll know when something goes wrong.:rolleyes:

wpimage, Nov 11, 2009
  5. wpimage

Wire_Bug

Newman hit the nail on the head with his description of associating C-Bus Group Addresses to Inputs, then associating breakers with Zones, then linking those same Inputs with your Zones.

Sounds like you've got it working, but let us know if you have any more problems.

-John

Wire_Bug, Nov 11, 2009
Ask a Question