Printing from iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tobex, Mar 19, 2012.

1. tobex

tobex

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
    tobex, Mar 19, 2012
  2. tobex

Jdebellis

What a great product. But no one in Australia sell them. And they only sell in the us and Mexico. Might try get a couple off eBay and find someone who will post to Australia.

Jdebellis, Mar 25, 2012
  3. tobex

tobex

It is way too new for it to be sold locally. LAN1 imports it.

http://www.lan1.com.au/

tobex, Mar 25, 2012
  4. tobex

mrees

Heres also a software based solution

http://www.collobos.com/

So as long as there is one MAC/PC connected to the printer, you can print to it regardless of age of printer

mrees, Aug 8, 2012
  5. tobex

ozmade

Try shipito

ozmade, Aug 9, 2012
  6. tobex

Jdebellis

I purchased the lantronix box through lan1 in Sydney

After reading the original post by tobex, I scoured the world trying to buy one on the net. Amazon, eBay, everywhere, and to no evail. I emailed every reseller and distributor and lantronix in the USA. No one replied

Some months later lan1 emailed saying they were following up on my initial enquiry about the unit, and they were due in austrlia within weeks.

I said hell yeah, sign me up. Another week passed and they emailed me saying they just received their first batch, and would I like one. Of course I said hell yeah again.

They emailed me an invoice to pay for it via direct debit. That was on a Thursday afternoon. I immediately did the direct debit for $199. The next morning - about 16 hours later I was shocked to see the unit delivered by a courier. Awesome service

I can say the lantronix box works perfectly and incredibly well. Plugged it in. No setting up and bingo ! Works a treat ! Fantastic product

I got it cos we have 5 I devices in the house, four laptops, and 2 printers. (big family). Cos the kids chew through ink I have a supply of ink cartridges at the ready for the printers. My printers are hard wired by cat5 to my home network which runs through the cbus Ethernet switch in my cbus cabinet.

As I have so much ink at the ready (over $500 in ink sitting here - cos we need it for kids and the business - to painfull running to office works each week for cartridges so I just buy a batch of them at a time ) I didn't want to change printers to AirPrint printers as I would loose money on the wasted useless cartridges which wouldn't suit a new printer.

I put the lantronix box in the cbus cabinet and plugged it into the switch. Absolutely brilliant product, flawless, and great service from lan1.

We use the iPads for everything, and only really used the notebook when we needed to print off email attachments as we couldn't print from the iPad or iPhone. Now, we hardly ever ever need to power up the notebooks as we can print and do 99% of what we need from the iPad.

Recommend this product to anyone

Jdebellis, Aug 17, 2012
  7. tobex

cloud12

We can buy these stuffs online and have them shipped here in Australia. I just don't know how much is the charge.

cloud12, Aug 24, 2012
  8. tobex

l60mcm

Sorry for off topic but would you not be better with a colour Laser printer and not inkjet. The toner is dearer than the ink but lasts a lot longer

l60mcm, Aug 24, 2012
  9. tobex

tobex

Actually, if you install a RIHAC or similar reputable ink delivery system you will find that the pages cost 1 cent each. Ink is by far the cheapest when done in conjunction with a bulk ink system.

http://rihac.com.au/

Though I notice that Epson is trying to kill the bulk systems and now they need different cartridge chips for the latest printer firmware.

There are dozens of companies selling these ink systems. There are some which cost $600 in Australia and $56 in China (same thing).

tobex, Aug 24, 2012
Ask a Question