Problem with ServerX

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Daniel RM, May 23, 2005.

1. Daniel RM

Daniel RM

Hi!!
    I?m Daniel Rodriguez Marzo from Argentina, we purchuased an original Schedule Plus Software, but I have a problem when I try to connect to portal.cisasia.com.my ,
    ServerX inform me :
    "couldnt connect to `portal.cisacia.com.my^reconnect in another 600secs. reason portal.cisacia.com.my"

I also have a similar problem sending an Email from "system@serverx" :confused:

Does another portal address exist? or could you give some information about creating a "Website" to command my C-bus network, or about sending e-mails (SMTP and Sender configurations or recommended softwares)

I?ll be grateful if you recommend me what to do, or send me some information
    Thank you !!!

Daniel RM, May 23, 2005
  2. Daniel RM

Richo

Hi Daniel,

I recommend you contact the official CIS support channels with questions regarding ServerX. This product is not really represented on this forum so you are unlikely to get any answers.

Richo, May 23, 2005
  3. Daniel RM

Darren Senior Member

There have been problems with getting the Portal going. You only need the Portal if you don't know the IP address of your computer. There are several ways around this inclusing using static IP Addresses or Dynamic DNS services.

Darren, May 24, 2005
  4. Daniel RM

Daniel RM

Thank you for the info!!! :rolleyes:

I will try to use a Dynamic DNS services, but because I?m novice in controlling c-bus via internet, I want to make you some questions, but previously I give you some information about my PC that perhaps could help:

I will use my PC(Operating System Windows XP, where I have installed C-Gate, Schedule Plus, and ServerX), to connect to internet using a Dial UP connection (I know that Dial Up is very slow but its only to test)
    I also Installed the DynDNS Updater from www.dyndns.com, to know my IP adress

Is there another software I will need? or some recomendation?or where I could get aditional information? I really want to make serverX fully work!!!!

Thanks
    Daniel

Daniel RM, May 24, 2005
  5. Daniel RM

Darren Senior Member

Eventually you will need to have an "always on" Internet connection (ADSL, ISDN etc). Apart from that, you have everything you need.

To get it to go :
    1. Connect to the Internet (dial-up should work for now)
    2. Run Schedule Plus
    3. Select the Options | Connect to WWW menu item
    4. ServerX should already be running if you have installed it
    5. Once your IP Address has been recognised by the Dynamic DNS, you can use a web browser anywhere in the world to access ServerX

Darren, May 25, 2005
  6. Daniel RM

Daniel RM

Thanks you for the information, but I have some doubt about the Portal configuration

What should I fill in the following fields

Address of Portal:

Handling Page:

Serial No:

Daniel RM, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Daniel RM

Darren Senior Member

If you are using Dynamic DNS as I have described, then you do not need the Portal and can leave this information blank.

Darren, Jun 6, 2005
  8. Daniel RM

Daniel RM

Hello!

I followed your instructions and ServerX its working right!!!! :D
    I have access to ServerX from another host by adding at the internet address the port :8080, and also I had to shut down my Window XP firewall (I hope no to do this every time I active the access to serverx).
    Now I will try to send e-mail reports with serverX. Perhaps I will make you another question

Thanks you a lot!!!!

Daniel RM, Jun 7, 2005
Ask a Question