Problem with Wiser Router Config

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by dynajet, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dynajet

dynajet

I have a new C-Bus system in my home which is working fine. I am trying to add my Sonos wireless audio system to my home network but I am having a problem connecting. The support people at Sonos told me to enable the UpnP option on the Wiser router. When I click on the enable button and save the change it does not save it. I have also noticed that if I try to delete a device from the DHCP addresses the system locks up.

I spoke with Schneider support and after about a week of back and forth they told me that the Wiser should not be user as a router. This makes no sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dynajet

dynajet, Feb 3, 2013
  2. dynajet

tobex

Personally I would disregard the wireless capability of the Wiser as this is not its main strength. For example, I purchased a high end wireless router even though my cable router has wireless. I chose to just ignore that feature and avoided all of the issues.

Having operated with Sonos in the past I can assure you that wired connections are by far the preferable setup. Then if that fails I can recommend a small wireless node such as Airport Express. It it low cost and highly featured.

If you are operating with more than one wireless emitter, please ensure that you spread the signals at least 6 channels apart even if you have the same SSID and password on both emitters. My typical setup is Channels 2 , 8 , 14.

Sonos does not like nested routers or too many hubs in the same network. I have seen situations where the second router / wireless node wasnt allowing the Sonos to reach the update server at Sonos. As soon as we replaced the router (in access point mode) with a hub the Sonos update worked.

Neither Sonos nor Netgear were at fault. It would have been a deep level packet timeout routine in the firmware causing the problem. After the update we installed the router again and all was well.

I have to say that Sonos was fantastic to me. They logged in remotely and did the diagnosis themselves.

tobex, Feb 4, 2013
  3. dynajet

dynajet

Tobex, thank you for your advice. I will give all this a try.

Dynajet

dynajet, Feb 4, 2013
Ask a Question