PS3 access to Wiser?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Brendan Rogers, May 13, 2009.

1. Brendan Rogers

Brendan Rogers

Hi,

When trying to access the Wiser project page on the same LAN as the PS3, I can access the Wiser login page but after I enter the correct Username and Password, I receive the message "Access Denied".

Any suggestions?

(I can access and login to the Wiser Setup page using the same UN and PW, and can access the Wiser CNI page. Also, there is no problem accessing the Wiser project page and loging on using the correct UN and PW from a PC on this same LAN)

Thanks.

Brendan Rogers, May 13, 2009
  2. Brendan Rogers

kjayakumar

I think if you're seeing an error like "401 Unauthorized" then that would indicate that the PS3 or something in-between the Wiser and the PS3 is mangling the username/password. That said, at least as of last year, the PS3 still didn't have a full featured Adobe Flash 9 or FlashLite 3.0 compliant implementation on it. Without that, even if you could login to the Wiser, the user interface probably won't work correctly.

kjayakumar, May 13, 2009
  3. Brendan Rogers

wilddog

There appeared to be some issues with PS3 and Wiser initially. Firstly problems with authentication, then no socket connection support with the embedded Flash Player. As of 3.10 firmware release, all these appear to have been fixed and you are able to control Wiser from a PS3, and even use the fullscreen feature

wilddog, Jan 19, 2010
  4. Brendan Rogers

kjayakumar

3.10 is the Playstation Firmware version right? My understanding is that there's no change needed to Wiser firmware or project to enable PS3 functionality.

kjayakumar, Jan 19, 2010
  5. Brendan Rogers

Darren Senior Member

I updated my PS3 a few months ago (not sure of version) and then I was able to use the Wiser User Interface on it.

The only problem is that you have to authenticate yourself each time and typing in a user name and password with the PS3 is painfully slow.

Darren, Jan 19, 2010
  6. Brendan Rogers

Josh

Does this apply to mobile devices and iPhone as well?

Josh, Feb 3, 2010
  7. Brendan Rogers

kjayakumar

Hi Josh,

The iPhone app saves your authentication information, so does the Media Center app so the authentication configuration step is a one time thing. I think the Nokia S60 app also does this but need to double check. It is the apps that run within a browser, or as a plugin which would be the case in the playstation setup , that need this repeated authentication.

kjayakumar, Feb 4, 2010
Ask a Question