Pulsing of scenes

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by pbelectrical, Mar 16, 2005.

1. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Is it possible to pulse a scene for a specific time. For example, upon pressing a key set a group address to 100% for thirty seconds and then turn off. Any help/examples appreciated.

Regards, Peter.

pbelectrical, Mar 16, 2005
  2. pbelectrical

Don

You can do this without using scenes with normal C-Bus units, setting up a timer. This allows up to 4 groups with a "Classic" C-Bus unit, up to 8 groups with NEO, Ulti Saturn, reflections or DLT units, and no real limit with C-Touch,...but I suspect you want more than this...

In SceneMaster, NEO, Ulti Saturn, and reflection units, scenes are static, but in more complex units such as DLT, and I'm sure C-Touch, a scene can be "turned off" at the expiration of a timer

If you have any scene capable C-Bus unit, you could set up a simple input unit to operate in the Control Trigger application(CA). A group can be selected to match the Trigger group used in the scene unit, and set up the scene unit to use $FF as the action selector for the scene to be pulsed, and 00 as the action selector for a scene with all groups OFF. Now the simple unit (classic C-Bus unit with 1,2 or 4 keys in 2000 series or equivalent plate) can be set up using a timer to turn "on" the trigger group for a limited time.

There are many ways to do what you want

Don

Don, Mar 17, 2005
  3. pbelectrical

Darren Senior Member

I assume from the fact that you are posting to this forum that you are referring to either C-Touch or HomeGate/Schedule Plus.

With the newer version of these products, you can pulse groups within a scene.

Alternatively, you can have a component pulse a group address and trigger two scenes off this (one when it goes on, and one when it goes off).

Darren, Mar 17, 2005
  4. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

More Info

The outcome that I am trying to acheive is the control of blinds with the use of only one button i.e. when a group is turned on it activates a blinds down scene for thirty seconds, and when it is turned of it activates a blinds up scene for thirty seconds. I hope this narrows down the scope of the question.

pbelectrical, Mar 19, 2005
  5. pbelectrical

Darren Senior Member

You need to create two scenes - one triggered by the control group going to 0% and the other triggered by the control group going to 100%.

Each scene should then be set up to pulse the appropriate group(s) to control the required function of the blinds.

Darren, Mar 21, 2005
Ask a Question