Random Lights turning off on Ctouch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by GlenF, Dec 4, 2017.

1. GlenF

GlenF

HI all,

Can anyone please help me in suggesting how I trace down the source of a number of lights randomly switching off. As you can see from the photo, the Ctouch is commanding a varying number of lights off. I do not think it actually happens when they are on, just when off.

I was hoping someone might be able to suggest the best way to trace down where the command is coming from and why it is semi-random.
    upload_2017-12-4_22-10-29.png

GlenF, Dec 4, 2017
  2. GlenF

Ashley

Has it always done this, or has it just started or have you just noticed it? Has anything been changed recently?

Most likely it's poorly written logic. Do you have access to PICED and the program file for the touch screen?

Ashley, Dec 4, 2017
  3. GlenF

nsa195

I have the same semi random pattern !

2018_04_17 randoms.JPG

and, similar to GlenF, mostly affecting groups 4 5 6 7: this cannot be just a coincidence. Notice how groups affected often have consecutive numbers. Notice also that in nearly all cases, the message is switching off a load that is already off, but there are random situation where it is not the case. Group 243 does not exist.

To answer Ashley, yes i have access to everything in PICED. No logic present, afaik:
    2018_04_17 logic.JPG

nsa195, Apr 17, 2018
  4. GlenF

GlenF

Mine seems to have stopped. Messed with some logic elements and reset the system so not sure what stopped it.

GlenF, Apr 17, 2018
  5. GlenF

Wonkey

This problem has been around for years.
    It may be nothing to do with you C-Touch. even though the log indicates that the command came from it.
    What to do.
    Change the unit address of your C-Touch and see if the command come from the changed unit address or remain at the old address.
    If the commands remain at the old address them the chances are its an output unit that is misbehaving.
    Contact Tech support they have info on this problem and a procedure on finding which O/P unit it is

Wonkey, Apr 24, 2018
Ask a Question