Re-release information for C-Bus hat for Raspberry Pi 4

Discussion in 'Selling / Wanted C-Bus Equipment' started by Conformist, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Conformist

Conformist

Conformist, Dec 20, 2023
  2. Conformist

Conformist

Sorry, title of this post should read Pre-release not Re-release :oops:

Conformist, Dec 22, 2023
  3. Conformist

Charlie Crackle

What a great Christmas present. Love it. Will it work on a PI 5 they are much easier to get. Will it work with a POE hat from the picture it should. Could version 2 include the POE circuitry? Schneider must still be charging a bom for the CBUS modules at the price of the HAT. Loving the * item relay workaround! do you have this issue when using a PI with a Genuine serial PCI ?

Charlie Crackle, Dec 29, 2023
  4. Conformist

Conformist

Thanks Charlie

We haven't tried the Pi 5 yet. Still waiting on our initial supply. It's been a busy lead up to Xmas so we haven't pressed on this.

It should work with a POE hat, but we haven't tried that yet. All of the heat considerations will go out the window though.

No plans at this stage to include POE circuitry. We're trying to keep the compliance requirements at an absolute minimum. Not to say we won't ever do it though.

There is quite a bit of cost for the SIM, agreed along with a fairly significant MOQ that we've had to allow for. We also want to ensure this product sits well below the typical cost of a Pi+ HAT when compared with a PCI or CNI.

The relay workaround was added due to issues we've experienced both with a Pi and serial and serial PCIs connected to a PC. That 'PCI failed to reset' error that is fixable when connected locally is acceptable but is a real pain when it's a remote connection and you have to disconnect C-Bus to bring it online.

A minor point that we haven't yet disclosed/discussed is the ability to stack 2x hats on a single PI. There is a second connector (not populated on the image on our web site) that you can see the provision for, This will pass the C-Bus connection and a second I/O connection from the 40 pin header to a second HAT. This will come at the expense of Bluetooth however as it uses the second UART connection to achieve this. We'll update our site with more information to reflect this. Was really just trying to gauge interest for the moment.

Conformist, Dec 29, 2023
  5. Conformist

coppo

Lol... I don't remember doing 3 hail marys blessing on this :) ...but all good !!

coppo, Jan 10, 2024
    Conformist likes this.
  6. Conformist

Drew

Put me on the list for one .... very excited. Well done guys.

Drew, Feb 10, 2024
    Conformist likes this.
  7. Conformist

Trevor

Hi,
    I'm also interested in this, were currently looking into providing a 10.1 inch touch monitor with Windows 10 as an interface to the cbus network in place of the existing colour touch screens, ill give you a call on Wednesday to discuss this in more detail.
    Regards Trevor

Trevor, Feb 11, 2024
    Conformist likes this.
  8. Conformist

Conformist

Looking to do a pre-launch of this product. If you are interested, please PM me and I'll provide you with a link to Goodwood Electronics' new shop front where these will be available for pre-launch sale. Will only have one per customer though I'm afraid. But, will have an early adopter special price :)

Conformist, Apr 26, 2024
    DarylMc likes this.
Ask a Question