Remote access for wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by XHPBT1, Sep 6, 2011.

1. XHPBT1

XHPBT1

Hi everyone,

I have read through countless pages in this forum regarding remote access and still can't get access to my wiser... I'm going crazy tried everything... My set up is iinet bob modem and wiser... I get the bob modem setup page but can't wiser Grrr can some one take screen shots of remote access setup wiser and modems with port forward etc settings...

I went to uni to study IT and set up countless networks... And this has really stumped me... I have clients requesting remote access I really need help on this

Last resort clipsal Cbus support hot line

Cheers

XHPBT1, Sep 6, 2011
  2. XHPBT1

Conformist

This shouldn't be last resort. Tech support are there for this very purpose.

Conformist, Sep 7, 2011
  3. XHPBT1

NickD Moderator

This isn't meant to be a lecture, but really, if you need urgent help, Tech Support should be your *first* port of call.

As for getting help with your problem here... you really need to provide more detail... at the very least, which configuration (A/B/C) you are using.

If you've spent so much time already and not had any success, why not spend a little more time explaining your problem in detail so that we can actually help you?

I assume this is trying to access it from outside? What port are you accessing the bob modem on? What port are you trying to access the Wiser on? If you can access the modem it sounds like it's not in bridge mode, in which case you'll need to set up port forwarding in the modem. Have you done this?

Nick

NickD, Sep 7, 2011
  4. XHPBT1

XHPBT1

Hi Nick

I was on the phone with clipsal for four hours today trying everything... It's definitely something to do with port forwarding

Wiser is on8080
    And iinet bob modem is on 8000

We can log into wiser though mid way through it shows up cannot connect to wiser this is through remote access

They couldn't think of anything else to try at the time...

Has anyone used the iinet bob modem with wiser??

Also in wiser settings has anyone got experience with Internet type pppoe ? Is this a good option to use?

XHPBT1, Sep 7, 2011
  5. XHPBT1

kjayakumar

I use pppoe on Wiser connected to the ISP's ADSL modem. The modem is a modem/router but it is in bridge mode. In your case, it sounds like the modem is not in bridge mode and is a full router. I think you'll want to make sure all the right ports are forwarded from your modem/router to the Wiser. You'll want to check your forwarding settings for 8080, 8888, 8889 and other ports if you're trying to enable remote CNI, remote project update, etc. The fact that you're seeing the UI come up suggests that you've got 8080 forwarded correctly and the can't connect to Wiser message suggests 8888 is not forwarded or is blocked.

kjayakumar, Sep 8, 2011
  6. XHPBT1

Colin Moderator

ONe thing you might like to check also is that iiNet like many ISP do block some inbound and outbound and some inbound only ports on their standard Non Business ADSL services.

Most commonly they are port 25,80,443 and a few others, iiNet provide a toolbox for your account on their site that allows you to check this. I suggest you take a look and make sure that for inbound services ports 80, 8080 8888 8889 are all open this will ensure that any client can remotely connect.

Short of that please provide some details of your setup so we can help.

Colin, Sep 22, 2011
Ask a Question