Remote Access to Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by travis1973, Jun 17, 2010.

1. travis1973

travis1973

Hi,

I am really new to Wiser and have installed it into my home but have not yet connected it to my CBus.

I have loaded onto the Wiser via Piced all the widgets but have not been able to been able to set up the remote access via the internet or via iphone wiser application.

I have installed the wiser in the B option setup but unsure on where to go from there.

Any help will be appreciated. ....

travis1973, Jun 17, 2010
  2. travis1973

kjayakumar

Travis, You might find the following post helpful, it talks about the port forwarding setup which is needed if you're using a 3rd party router, http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26722&postcount=2 .

kjayakumar, Jun 18, 2010
  3. travis1973

travis1973

Hi,

In the A or B set up would I need to have an Static IP address on my ADSL...

I have tried to ping my current ip address of my home adsl but I dont get a reply from it. It is a dynamic IP address.

Thanks, Travis..

travis1973, Jun 18, 2010
  4. travis1973

kjayakumar

A static IP address is not a requirement. You can use dynamic DNS on the Wiser itself if it is your main router or you can use dynamic DNS on your 3rd party router (most routers that I've encountered support at least dyndns.org).

You should be able to ping your router's external IP address as long as you've not blocked ICMP ping (sometimes labeled as block ICMP echo or disable ICMP echo). However, some ISPs block ICMP requests (we've found that this is surprisingly common in Asian countries). You might want to directly test if you can access your router's external IP via HTTP, eg: http://mywiserhome.dyndns.org:8080/ .

kjayakumar, Jun 19, 2010
Ask a Question