Resetting CBUS/Minder System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MFREDO, Oct 15, 2009.

1. MFREDO

MFREDO

Hi,

Today we had circuit breakers trip, and my Clipsal Home minder key pad is displaying 'key pad comms failed, please contact your installer'.

Does anyone have any tips on how to reinitiate comms or to reset system

regards and thanks

MFREDO, Oct 15, 2009
  2. MFREDO

Conformist

Chances are your keypad has lost it's address. Assuming you have only one keypad, you will need to set it's address back to zero. Been a few years since I've done this but from memory, you need to press the 'menu' and '1' buttons at the same time to get you into the setup menu. You then need to press the '1' key (Keypad address). You will then see the address that the keypad is set to. If it's 00, then simply type in '01' and then enter. That should drop you back to the main menu where you will need to press '0' to exit. You will then see a message 'local mode off'. After a short while, your keypad should spring back to life. This seemed to be a common problem after breaker trips

Cheers

Conformist, Oct 15, 2009
  3. MFREDO

MFREDO

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunatley it did not work. I tried 01, 00 but no success. I also noticed a number of other manual setting types in that menu structure. Anyhting else you think I should e looking for?? thanks again

MFREDO, Oct 15, 2009
  4. MFREDO

Conformist

Can you confirm what the address of the keypad (currently) is? Is it 00 or 01?

Conformist, Oct 16, 2009
  5. MFREDO

Ingo

You can also try www.comfortforums.com for assistance, I am sure they will be able to assist.

I usually power down the whole system, including disconnecting the battery, and power it back on again.

Ingo

Ingo, Oct 16, 2009
  6. MFREDO

ashleigh Moderator

Comforforums will be of assistance for the MinderPro, which is a rebadged Comfort system and which was not sold in Australia. It's unlikely to help out in this case.

ashleigh, Oct 17, 2009
  7. MFREDO

Ashley W

You could try the Integrators forum in the Thinkboxx section, this is the Clipsal Minder. Though to be honest I think most of the people on that (very dead) forum are found on this one anyway! The Thinkboxx section can be found here:

http://www.integratorsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

PS if it is your first time at this site the threads may appear empty, but click on the "From the" drop down box and choose "Beginning" rather than "this month", then click show threads.

Ashley W, Oct 17, 2009
  8. MFREDO

C-BusHomeMinder

Hi MFREDO,

My system is doing the exact same thing now, just wondering if you had any chance with rectifying from your previous post. Understand this may have been some time ago, cheers

C-BusHomeMinder, Jan 13, 2024
  9. MFREDO

Conformist

Have you tried what I outlined in the 2nd post in this thread?

Conformist, Jan 14, 2024
Ask a Question