Robus Transformers

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ukdavros, Apr 13, 2007.

1. ukdavros

ukdavros

Hi
    Anybody used Robus transformers.
    I am in the middle of Programming and commissioning a Job, most of which whent well.
    But none of the low voltage stuff seemed to work. Either didnt come on at all, but the dimmer channel was on or came on very dim.
    He is using 2Amp and industrial cbus dimmers, loading is ok I think but I have asked the electrician to check

The transformers are ROBUS RAPS-105D
    11.4 VAC
    10-105 VA
    0.48A 50 Hz

each transformer is running 2 50W halogens and there are between 4 and 16 on a circuit

Could be a wiring problem of course I am not the electrician on the job, just said I would check if them transformers are Ok.

thanks
    Mark

ukdavros, Apr 13, 2007
  2. ukdavros

Darpa

I know this doesnt answer your question, but it would definately pay to have the electrician connect a different brand of transformers to a dimmer channel and see what happens then, it should give you some clue as to whether the trannies are the problem.

Perhaps the capacitance of these transformers or another variable is outside the prescribed limits for these dimmers?

Darpa, Apr 13, 2007
  3. ukdavros

Phil.H

The very first thing you should do is disconnect the circuits from the dimmer channels until you know what is going on. If there is a capacitor loading issue you could be easily damaging equipment whilst playing around.

What dimmer units are you using - your loads are quite large in some cases. Get specs on input capacitance for your trannies and whether they require leading or trailing edge dimming control.

As I said FIRST THING - disconnect the loads ;)
    http://www3.clipsal.com/cis/lit_installtraining_dimmer.php3

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
    Phil.H, Apr 14, 2007
  4. ukdavros

ukdavros

Thanks Guys
    I am back there today so I will get the electrician to check it out.
    Thanks
    Mark

ukdavros, Apr 16, 2007
Ask a Question