Save meters' data in the file

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by stofilyuk, Mar 6, 2018.

1. stofilyuk

stofilyuk

Hello,

The need of having meters' data saved is due to problem with wiser described in this thread.

The question is : can I save the values in a file via PICED logic tools, e.g. on the PC, and whenever the problem (reset meters' values to 0) occurs just back up the values from the file ? or do I need other software to complete this mission?

thanks for any help,
    Gena

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    stofilyuk, Mar 6, 2018
  2. stofilyuk

Ashley

When you connect to the Wiser via PICED it will give you the option to refresh the project from the Wiser. This will download all the historical data, systemIO's and user changes and add them to your current project. If you don't do this when you upload your project you will loose all the data.

Ashley, Mar 7, 2018
  3. stofilyuk

stofilyuk

Thanks for answer, Ashley.
    Sorry if you misunderstood me.
    The problem is when the "glitch" ( resets all meters' values to 0 on wiser) occurs, transferred from Wiser ( through PICED) project has "glitched" data (all 0), and I have to restore it manually ( accumulated data is lost).

Is there a way to autamatize the current values backup, and once data is lost - restore it from the file without movements from my side?

Thanks for any help,
    Gena

stofilyuk, Mar 8, 2018
  4. stofilyuk

stofilyuk

To be clear, data restoration is :reboot, take a glance at physical meters, copy values to wiser through android app.

Regular project backup would be ineffective cause of : 1.PC is most time off
    2. even with 2/day backups the data will be inaccurate (less than current values on physical meters) due to time interval between these two.

I wanted to autamatize the data saving through logic with Pascal's Assign ReWrite Append etc. on file on the Harddrive.

Looking through logic manual to find these words: "
    For security reasons, only files in the project directory (the directory
    where your project is stored) can be accessed."

If I store project on the hdd I can store data itself in the file there. Haha thanks for spiritual help ;)

stofilyuk, Mar 9, 2018
  5. stofilyuk

stofilyuk

Well, those fucnctions are only compatible with colour c-touch (I have wiser1), so the question is still actual.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    stofilyuk, Mar 10, 2018
  6. stofilyuk

Ashley

Sorry, I don't understand this. What are the Meters's values you are talking about. Are they User SystemIO's like in your other post, or values from the measurement application? What actually updates them in normal operation? What accumulated data is lost? Do you have any logic reading/writing these values? (If so, please post it).

If these values are randomly being reset to zero you need to find the cause of the problem because that is unusual.

Ashley, Mar 11, 2018
  7. stofilyuk

Diggerz

I’ve experienced the same issue with my wiser 2.

I noticed last week my historical data on energy usage has been reset or lost,

I have some ct’s on a cbus current measurement unit and the values are displayed on the wiser 2 using the measurement application.

I’m Not sure what’s caused the historical data to reset.

Diggerz, Mar 12, 2018
Ask a Question