SC5034BNL - 4 gang switch with blue indicators

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by tom_colahan, Jan 14, 2019.

1. tom_colahan

tom_colahan

Hi All,

I have a 4 gang slimline switch that has failed and requires replacement. However it, and all of the others, are BNL with the blue indicators.

Since the discontinuation of Slimline this is no longer available from Schneider. When slimline was discontinued I had thought it wouldn't be a problem if one failed in the future as I would be able to still buy one in 2000 series or Classic and just swap the module into the old slimline plate.

Now that the time has actually come I have realised that 2000 / Classic were never available with the blue indicators which has ruined my plans..

Any ideas on where to look for new old stock or any other ideas on how to get a working 4 gang switch with blue indicators? I do have some old plates that I could load 30 series mechs into but this is a last resort as the indicator shape is different.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

tom_colahan, Jan 14, 2019
  2. tom_colahan

Ashley

They do appear on ebay occasionally. Alternatively swap it with one in an inconspicuous place and replace that one with a different version.

Ashley, Jan 14, 2019
  3. tom_colahan

NickD Moderator

If you're handy with a soldering iron you could swap the LEDs yourself, although they will be a bit less bright as the red LEDs are given less current.

Alternatively if you're really keen you could probably order a 5034NLB as a special.

Nick

NickD, Jan 15, 2019
  4. tom_colahan

tom_colahan

Thanks for the ideas, will look into doing a special order.

tom_colahan, Jan 15, 2019
  5. tom_colahan

Wonkey

Take the 4 screws out of the back of the slim line unit you have. This will give you a plate that you can now mount a 30 mech unit in and 3 slaves

Wonkey, Jan 23, 2019
    Mr Mark likes this.
Ask a Question