Schedule Plus Demo

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by sjfp, Nov 15, 2008.

1. sjfp

sjfp

Hi
    I am looking at putting together a demo system that i can take to my clients. I wont to use two pc's running schedule plus on each. One will display a site map of a building showing lighting circuits, pirs, switches etc. The other will be the main site control system, which will be provided at say the site managers pc. This will enable the site manager to override pir's, set light level controls, building all on and off etc.
    My question is how can i connect the two pc together so demostrate the c-bus / schedule plus system. Can this be done using just a serial connection or ethernet.
    Thanks for any help.

sjfp, Nov 15, 2008
  2. sjfp

Darren Senior Member

The best way to have the two PCs working together is to connect them both to a small C-Bus network. There are several alternatives for how to set this up:
    1. They can both connect to C-Bus through a PCI
    2. They can both connect to C-Bus through a CNI
    3. One can connect to C-Bus through either a PCI or a CNI and the second PC can connect to C-Gate on the first PC. This is the preferred option.

Darren, Nov 16, 2008
  3. sjfp

sjfp

Darren
    Thanks for your input, i did use the third option in your list, but i was trying not to use any cbus equipment. But having said that i may now integrated the new demo with our old demo box.
    Thanks again

sjfp, Nov 17, 2008
Ask a Question