SENPILL and different Ramp Levels

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by lorenthehaloboy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Hey all, have read everything I can on this issue, here is my problem.

I have a SENPILL in a hallway, where regardless of lights being on, or time of day, the SENPILL (over dark wooden floors) doesnt show more than 5-6 LUX.

Due to this, I cannot use the LUX levels to do different things.

What I want is, at night time before we go to bed, I want it to trigger the GA to say 60%. No hassle, I have just used a ramp instead of an ON command.

But after we go to bed, if we come out out of the bedroom, I want it to max the lights to say 10%.

I have a PAC, C Touch, and have tried everything I can think of to get this to work, and have not come up with a solution thus far.

Also, the lights are able to be manually turned on at the wall, which sets a GA Sensor_Disable to ON, so that the PIR is disabled until we turn the light off.

Does this make sense? Newman or anyone have any ideas?

lorenthehaloboy, Mar 23, 2007
  2. lorenthehaloboy

Newman

To control the brightness of the light I would use your PAC to set the level of a new Group Address and then use Min logic in your dimmer with this Group. You could have this happen so that the PAC ramps this group address down as it gets later into the night or you could use a switch in your bedroom to set "sleeping" mode.

Regarding the brightness reading, 6 or 7 lux sounds a bit wrong. Are you sure this is the reading and you're running the latest Toolkit? A running change was made last year to improve the light level sensitivity of the multisensor. You can tell the new units because their firmware version is 2.0. Even so, having the unit mounted over a very dark surface means that the unit will have very low light level readings.

Newman, Mar 23, 2007
  3. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Yeah, they are correct, running 1.6.1, firmware version 2.0 of the SENPILL.

All of my SENPILLS give very poor LUX levels (I have 8).

Anyway, will look at your solution and let you know how I go. PCS has also given an idea, but if he is reading this, I cant send my email, as his personal messages are full, and it wont accept any more :)

lorenthehaloboy, Mar 23, 2007
  4. lorenthehaloboy

znelbok

Did you come up with a solution that works well for you.
    I too want to set a PIR in the hallway to come on brighter earlier in the night and lower in sleeping times

Mick

znelbok, Oct 11, 2007
  5. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Yes, I have it working to some degree.

The sensors trigger a group when movement is detected. The logic controller sees this activated, and if it is between certain times, turns the lights on with a timer of say 10 seconds. If the light it on when movement is detected, it simply restarts the timer.

Obviously later at night, the amount the light turns on is simply a lower value.

If someone manually turns the light on at a switch, this triggers the sensor group to turn off. This mean the light now stays on, and not on a timer, as the sensor is in essance off.

when the person then turns the light off at a wall switch, this also triggers the sensor back on, and it works as previously stated.

lorenthehaloboy, Oct 11, 2007
Ask a Question