Senpill Leds.......

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Is there any way to turn off the blue LED and the Orange LED ?? I am using as an occupany sensor. the blue light LED comes on when the PIR is enabled. It then Flashes orange when movement is detected. I want the functions to continue but just turn off the LEDS. THey are tooo bright at night. (in bed room)

The SENPIRSS has this capability I can not seem to do it with the SENPILL

Charlie Crackle, Oct 18, 2004
  2. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

Unfortunately there is no way to disable the LEDs from the software on the SENPILL, but I understand your concern in a bedroom environment. What is the feature of the SENPILL that made you install it in a bedroom in lieu of a 360 degree SENPIRSS?

The only way you can disable the LEDs in a safe fashion would be to hide them mechanically. You can gently prise the retaining ring from the front of the housing and put a piece of electrical tape over the LEDs to stop them shining down at the back of the lens. Just make sure you don't cover up the light level sensor element which is right next to the blue LED and DON'T TOUCH the front of the PIR sensor element which is in the centre of the unit. If you do then clean it with metho and a cotton wool bud.

Be aware that disassembling the unit to this level and making such a mod will void your warranty.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2004
    Newman, Oct 18, 2004
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I used this unit because of the IR capability (have a remote to change chnnel on foxtel in another room and to link to the corridor light
    This part all works well.

Why did clipsal did not link to a group address. They went to all the trouble for the POTs to make them very flexible but not the LEDS.

Dont like the idea about voiding the warranty...

Looks like I would have been better off putting in a SENPIRSS and a IR receiver on the wall switch and forgetting about the corridor linking...

Is the firmware upgradeable in these units. Can I add this to the wish list for enhancements

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2004
    Charlie Crackle, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

The firmware in those products is not upgradeable. It would be a new product. Unfortunately it's the never-ending pursuit of the ultimately flexible product with ultimately all features for an ultimately minimal price. If we were to take one of the features out of the unit to allow room for enabling/diabling the LEDs then that might upset someone else so I can't see it being controllable from a Group Address soon.

We have had a couple requests to make virtually every feature in this unit to be enabled/disabled from a group address at some point but this increases the processing power required and hence affects the cost of the unit. It's the usual story that goes "Sure, we can do anything. At a price".

Would an option to disable the LEDs from the UI be suitable?

Newman, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

How about minimal functionality first.

Just 3 indicator columns that you can set to

0 Always OFF
    1 On/Off Status
    2 Status+Timer
    3 Always ON

Just like the SENPIRSS

There is a indicator column now for 1 led but you only get option 2 ?

Is any of this possible without a firmware upgrade.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

Nope, sorry, no can do quickly or easily and not in the current build of firmware. I've put your request on the things to look at so please be assured that your feedback hasn't been put in the bin. It's theoretically possible to add some kind of enable/disable option to the unit for that LED but putting the 0 Always OFF, 1 On/Off Status, 2 Status+Timer and 3 Always ON feature in the unit is not realistically possible.

The reason is that the Multisensor firmware comes from an entirely difference code base than the SENPIRSS and these features are not available.

Newman, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I will be happy then with just a tickbox to disable the LED's

I have 4 of them one in each bed room.

My 2 year old loves the new blue light in his room !!!

My wife does not.

Charlie Crackle, Oct 21, 2004
  8. Charlie Crackle

Max Powers

Cost of Voided Warranty : $250
    Cost of Software Implementation : $2500
    Cost of Nightmask for Wife : $2.50
    Wife thanking you for fixing it: Priceless
    :D

Max Powers, Oct 22, 2004
  9. Charlie Crackle

Wilko

:D
    Gold.

Wilko, Oct 22, 2004
  10. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Classic..... :) :) :) :)

Charlie Crackle, Oct 22, 2004
  11. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Newman,

Did it get the impression that there was away with existing firmware to just have a tick box to disable the LEDS ??

While playing. I noticed if I set a key to a Preset. and then click the LED BOX in the Preset Ket Setup the software crashes with a "Invalid Property Value" WHich LED is it refering to.

Charlie Crackle, Oct 26, 2004
  12. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

There is no way to disable the LEDs with a simple checkbox in the existing firmware.

You are correct in that there is a bug in the V2 UI regarding the PRESET + LED setting. It is referring to the single unit LED (orange) so that won't help you with your problem even if it did work correctly. The indicator can be assigned as normal from the Blocks tab.

Newman, Oct 26, 2004
  13. Charlie Crackle

gsnibson

Charlie,
    One suggestion on the Flashing LED is to assign it to an unused virtual key. It won't help with the Blue, but will stop the timer activities if applicable.

gsnibson, Dec 11, 2004
Ask a Question