Serial PCI Lgic Code

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by exsolter, Dec 12, 2010.

1. exsolter

exsolter

Hello Guys

Needing some help in understanding the working of the coding to transmit code from Touchscreen/PACA to PCI to A/C

I have to send Q0,1,1,46 (this is the temp 23, zone 1)

I have done serial coding on paca unit to audio units using the local port on it

but just the linking from the logic of the touchscreen to the PCI and then sending it.
    As I can't understand how the sending is done, as the T/S & Paca has openserial commands etc

The PCI unit address is at 46(2E)

Can anyone point me into the right direction, as I have read the quick start guide, and trying to read the enable stuff and its a bit hard to understand

Thanks
    Kevin

exsolter, Dec 12, 2010
  2. exsolter

Newman

It sounds to me like you are confusing the local serial ports on the PACA and Touchscreen with a C-Bus serial PC Interface.

The logic ports on the PACA and Touchscreens can be programmed to send/receive just about any serial data using the logic engine in those devices.

The C-Bus PC Interface can send and monitor C-Bus traffic only. You cannot send arbitrary data strings across C-Bus and send them out through a C-Bus PC Interface.

If the Air Conditioning system can understand the C-Bus HVAC Application messaging (unlikely) then you can use the native C-Bus functions for controlling the behaviour of the system. If the Air Conditioning system has it's own serial protocol for how it behaves then you will need to connect it to the serial port of a PACA or Touchscreen and write logic to control it.

Newman, Dec 12, 2010
  3. exsolter

exsolter

Thanks

I should be OK with that as I have either a T/S or Paca near those ports

Thanks again for the info

Kevin

exsolter, Dec 12, 2010
Ask a Question