SHAC5500 and PIR programming

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Michael Auckland, Oct 17, 2024 at 8:38 AM.

1. Michael Auckland

Michael Auckland

I have a domestic C-bus setup with 2 5753L PIR sensors. The sensors are set to activate a series of night lights through the C-Bus toolkit. I have not been able to find a way to dictate that they only operate at specific times of night and not all the time.
    Any advice on how to set a schedule for them in either the SHAC or in the Toolkit would be much appreciated as they have me completely defeated right now. Thanks

Michael Auckland, Oct 17, 2024 at 8:38 AM
  2. Michael Auckland

MadMal

There are a couple of ways of doing this in my expereince - depending on exactly what you want to do and achieve.

The most basic way is to use the day move/night move functionality so their do/dont operate in that part of the day.

The next most basic is to set a Group Address into the PIRs Occupancy Enable/Disable function - then put a schedule on the group address. Obviously extend out if you want different schedules for different sensors - eg WIR sensors different to hallway different from entrance, etc .. the schedule is set up in the SHAC using the standard schedule functions.

The most complex is to create Group Addresses for the PIRs only - ie the group addresses are programmed into the PIRs and nothing else. Then in the SHAC set up some code, using many ways, but tags are probably the most flexible, when the PIRs trigger on/off you then decide in the code what you want to do .. it could be nothing during the day, full brightness evenings, 20% (or nothing) otherwise .. or set scenes and far more complex things.

MadMal, Oct 17, 2024 at 11:36 AM
  3. Michael Auckland

paddyb

Hi, this should be relatively easy, I can share a simple way I have done this exact thing (and its also mentioned in the response above). I have no access to my cbus at the moment, so the terms/descriptions I use here are from memory.. Hopefully you can trace them all to reality..

In the PIR settings, I think on the occupancy tab, there is configuration box where you can set a group address to enable/disable the motion detection. Create a group address for this purpose and select/enter it into this box. You can then export a CGL file from toolkit and import it into the SHAC, so that it now knows about this new GA (or just manually create it within the SHAC object editor, all you have to do is manually give it the same address as the one you created in toolkit). Once you have this object in the SHAC, you can use the time scheduler feature to turn it on and off as desired, hence enabling and disabling the PIR at your chosen times.

paddyb, Oct 17, 2024 at 11:41 AM
  4. Michael Auckland

Michael Auckland

Thanks for the response. I’ll have a go tomorrow.

Michael Auckland, Oct 17, 2024 at 12:51 PM
Ask a Question