Shutter Relay with Logic Please

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

It would be really handy to have logic in the shutter relay just like all the other relays.

I have come across four jobs now where I had to write a lot of logic to get around it.

Having a master disable. (in a school)

Blind not operating if windows open.

Awning not operating if high wind input is on

Roller shutter not operating if louvers open

All I am after is a Logic tab like all other relays with AND and OR.

Would save so much logic in the PAC.

I got snookered today again. Customer has Roller blinds and windows that open outwards the windows have reed switches connected to Home safe.
    I was going to disable the blinds if the windows are open. The problem is I cannot get the state of the windows via homesafe if the alarm is not armed.

Really need SEALED and OFF option in home safe.

Or being able to enable/disable certain zone inputs (ie non PIR) on the security application to send their state while alarm disarmed. In the past month I have had 3 jobs where this has been an issue.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Jul 17, 2010
  2. Charlie Crackle

Newman

It sounds like what you're after is not so much the "AND / OR" logic of output units, but rather a group that could be used to disable the blinds. Would this be a better fit with your needs?

Output unit Logic doesn't really fit with Level Translation mode... at all... but something more like a disable group sounds like it would cover your use cases.

Newman, Jul 18, 2010
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

This would be perfect !

Is this hard to implement in the firmware ?

Teamed with modifications to the homesafe to allow state of low rate of change inputs to be avaliable on cbus.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Jul 18, 2010
  4. Charlie Crackle

Newman

I've added this to our bug tracking database as a feature request. No promises, of course.

In the mean time there are a few things that you can do to minimise the amount of logic you need. Using a different group on the key and on the shutter relay unit, and then using the TrackGroup logic function to link the two makes it very quick and easy to disable control of the unit. If you generally disable all of your blinds at once you could connect the blind power circuit to a regular relay channel so that it can be isolated. There is also the keypad disable feature on most key input units, if the only thing the key unit is doing is controlling the blinds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    Newman, Jul 19, 2010
  5. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Good ideas Thanks

Charlie Crackle, Jul 19, 2010
Ask a Question