& sign

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dave Byron, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

in the toolkit when a "&" sign is used in a group name or notes it adds "amp;" to the text.
    When you click on the group is shows ok on the left pane but the details frame show no & sign.

dave

Dave Byron, Jan 30, 2005
  2. Dave Byron

Duncan

Hi Dave,

I see the Ampersand (&) sign OK in my build of Toolkit in both the Treeview and in the list of Groups in the "detail pane" on the left, and in Drop-Downs for Groups within Unit UI's.

I dont recall us fixing anything that would change this.. the "amp;" text would get stored in the XML file however "amp;" is the way this symbol is represented in XML... are you looking inside the XML file and seeing it there?

Its possible that the version of the MS XML parser on your machine may be treating this "amp;" string incorrectly.. I'll look into that as well.

What version of Windows are you using?

Duncan, Jan 30, 2005
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

duncanrm

Have a look at attached image in the detail heading,usuing windows xp.
    In the xml file it puts the & sign and the other text. Also does the same in the notes on the units - I delete it when generating our excel sheets so can live with it.
    dave

Dave Byron, Jan 31, 2005
Ask a Question